𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐈𝐈.

Start from the beginning

"And they will be dealt with, boy. Hear my words," Äoa said as he finally moved away from (Y/N) to direct his attention to Lo'ak. "Son of a great warrior, you should know better." He said as he motioned behind him to his father who finally came, a look on his face as he felt his mood drop seeing Lo'ak in trouble.

Lo'ak hardened his glare at the other before he looked down, not bothering to say anything else before Äoa pointed to the ground. "Sit." He said with a dark tone, Lo'ak knew what he knew, but he knew that tone anywhere and sat down. "Sit down!" Äoa yelled to the other Na'vis who were all standing, his hands making a motion for them to sit.

Sänume immediately lit a fire behind Äoa, the two blowing air into their hands before releasing it into the air to compose themselves. "Hear me well, boy. In the days of the first songs which we call 'A dance with the dragons', the dragons fought amongst themselves for territory, and revenge—for the right to bare the title for our ancestors, the dragon riders were ruthless and killed many people; but overtime they came to realize that killing, no matter how justified, brings more killing." Äoa said, his hands moving as he told the story. "So, killing is forbidden and not allowed anywhere near the grounds of Eywa. This is the dragon way."

Lo'ak felt his jaw clench at the words he was hearing, but before he could think before he spoke, the words came tumbling out. "I'm sorry sir, but you are wrong." He said.

"Lo'ak!" (Y/N) hissed to the boy next to her, "Stop it." Her eyes were staring deeply into the side of his head.

"I know, I know—" he exclaimed, but immediately stopped as he hears his father tell him to stop. Lo'ak was already too deep into the mess, so he continued. "I know what I know." He said firmly.

Both Sänume and Äoa growled in annoyance, their eyes shooting daggers at Jake who finally appeared in front of Lo'ak. "That's enough." He said before turning to look at the two elders. "I'll deal with this one." And with that, the two were gone. (Y/N) felt herself blush at how dominant he was.

Before anyone else could leave, Sänume stared down at her daughter with a stern look. "Where were you." She said. Fawn chimed in, "Yeah, where were you." He said mocking his sister as she was about to get in trouble, but she was smarter than that. "Where were you Fawn? Where were you when your friends almost killed an innocent boy." She said with a snapped tone.

Fawn flinched back, not expecting her to still be angry. "This isn't about me." He said as he took a step towards the other, meeting her halfway who had the same idea. "This is about where you were at." He said.

(Y/N) could feel herself laugh with venom, taking in a sharp breath before she towered over him as best as she could. "Let me tell you something, little brother."

"(Y/N)!" Sänume hissed but was stopped by Äoa. "No, mother. I need to say this, in front of everyone." (Y/N) said as her eyes never left Fawns. Ay'u stood behind (Y/N) holding Tsireya, as he would always take her side. "If your friends come near Tuk, Kiri or Lo'ak. I promise to cut their queues' off and feed it to their families while they watch them die." She said with the most darkest tone the family has ever heard. "Your ceremony is soon, right? I, (Y/N) Te Aypia Oìina'ite, princess of the skeletor tribe, Tsakarem in training, the second daughter to Äoa and Sänume, pick Aw'ita and Eyye to be my sacrifices for Eywa at Fawns Ceremony." She said, the unspoken claim that only one person gets to use.

"It is done." Äoa said without a second thought. "Dad?!" Fawn said as he stared him down, "They are my friends!" He exclaimed as he threw his arms in the air.

"And they are mine. Your friends know the values and rules here, I should've killed them when I found out, but I didn't. Thank me for sparing their lives." (Y/N) said before turning to stare Ay'u and Tsireya down. "I'm leaving."

And she left.

...

Later the day and after a very long, long scolding by Jake, and (Y/N) finally calmed down, the two were walking down the long pathway as the sky had turned into a beautiful purple, hazy hue as the sun was beginning to set.

"I'm sorry about my father." (Y/N) said as the two were quiet. "The storm will pass, Lo'ak." She said as the two roamed the forest near her village, reassuring the other as she seen Lo'ak as a younger sibling to her.

"Lo'ak—" She said before being stopped by him turning around quickly. "Caraxes didn't kill those men, the sky people did. His rider was killed in front of him, and when he went to rally up all of the young hatchlings they were killed, but not by him." Lo'ak said as he explained. "Besides, you don't have to do this, be my friend because you are friends with my dad." Lo'ak said with a sigh.

"Lo'ak, I'm your friend because I want to be. Not because I am friends with your dad." (Y/N) said with her eyebrows furrowed, placing her hands on the other's shoulders before sighing softly. "I believe in you, Lo'ak. I believe what you say. Just..." She went quiet as she thought about what to say. "Why are you so hard on yourself? Are you okay?" She asked.

Lo'ak felt his expression softened, the first time he was ever asked this—if he was okay, it felt so unreal. "Sometimes it feels like you believe in me, more than I believe in me." Lo'ak admitted. "I feel like I have to be this better son for my dad, he lost his favorite son and is stuck with me. I just want to make him proud."

(Y/N) felt her heart shattered at the burdens Lo'ak was carrying. Pulling the other into a hug, she placed a hand on the others head. "Lo'ak, you were chosen by a dragon. Only mighty warriors get that opportunity, Fawn doesn't even have one." She said as she pulled away. "You are brother of a dragon, you are one of us now. You are a mighty warrior, and that is more than wonderful. I will talk to your dad for you." Lo'ak gave the other a small smile.

"Thank you." He whispered, he felt more comfortable with her than anyone. "Tomorrow, before Fawns ceremony. I will take you flying and teach you the way." (Y/N) said as she placed a hand on the others head. "But promise me you will stay out of trouble anx go bother Tsireya."

The two laughed as he promsied her. "I will come get you tomorrow afternoon, you can tell me more of the burdens you carry so you aren't alone." She said as her hand dropped.

Lo'ak felt like it was deja vu all over again, but he agreed. "Tomorrow, okay— wait, my dad grounded me. I can't go anywhere."

(Y/N) looked off into the distance before pushing her lips out in a thought, "Leave it up to me, tell your dad that I need him and to come to my private home, emphasize on the need so he knows it is urgent. Sneak out and meet me at the hilltop." Lo'ak nodded before giving her another hug, this time longer.

"Thank you." He whispered. "For believing in me."