16

Resting below the underbelly of Amity Park lies the once-great old city it used to be; a town of more concrete and brick rather and less metal and glass. The building blocks that this city once had was built with materials relying more on the Earth it existed on, allowing it a deeper connection with its home planet.

Though the rest of the world that has moved closer to the skies, the warmth that Old Amity Park feels with the sun beginning to rise for a new day is nowhere near like what the world above could hope to feel. Resting its golden beams of light on the third of its children, the mother gives its routine comfort to the most lively of its children, and itself a mother of many things living on its surface.

Many things fall from the heavens into this pit of Old Amity Park, whether they be cast out as garbage, lost or forgotten to neglect, or have simply fallen down to this strange world, but they are all still children of the mother Earth, and it is always there to welcome back its children with open arms.

One such example is Danny Fenton, cast out from his own home in the heavens and sent to the Earth below. Driven from his home by his evil alternate self and stripped of his soul, the Earth greets the return of its prodigal son by sparing his life from a fall that surely would have ended his life.

Laying among trash and far from his home, where his own family is long past dead, Danny himself might as well be dead with them. Deprived of his own ghost, there is no more drive in his body; no driver to the runaway train that has become derailed and collapsed into a mess. What lays among the garbage and the dead is not a true human being, but an empty shell of a man.

He is a man without a soul... and, therefore, he is a man without any life.

With no more dedication to go on, Danny continued to lay in its place, content on making it his final place of rest. Following a very good life of superherodom and teenage mischief, followed by years of adulthood filled with fame, fortune, and a happy marriage, perhaps it is not so bad in his mind that he find peace here.

"Danny." A voice said.

But although he is without his own ghost, there is one who will not let him rest yet.

Finally cracking the surface of answers to questions regarding the origin of ghosts, the afterlife of the human soul itself, Jazz Fenton has had her research come to a sudden and quick stop at the end of her own life. Split in half by the hands of the ghost calling itself Demon Phantom, her body has run through its course of life all too early...

...but her ghost is only just beginning. Stepping to the idle Danny Fenton, the ghost of Jazz laid a gentle hand on his head, urging him to continue on.

"Danny. You can't give up. You've got to keep going." Jazz said.

The familiar voice struck to a part of Danny's brain still containing vital information regarding its identity, driving him to hear its plea. Basic memories telling him that this ghost was the ghost of his sister still remained, but the emotional connection laying with these memories did not carry over to his mind. Nonetheless, he still paid heed to the ghost of Jazz, hearing out the reason for its visit.

"C'mon, Danny. Get up. I know you can get up." Jazz said.

"Don't want to go... Want to rest... Need my rest... Don't want to keep going... I'm finished..." Danny moaned.

"No, you're not. You've still got a ghost to beat. You never gave up on a fight before, and I'm not gonna let you do it here. Get up."

"Leave me alone... Let me rest... No more... Want peace..."

"He killed us and took your ghost half. You can't have peace with that business to finish."

Reminded once again of the evil that was inflicted on him and his family, memory returns once again, and, this time, so does emotion. Carrying with it feelings of anger and pain, the emotions that this memory carry are still fundamentally understood by the organic brain of a body, and Danny can feel all the pain associated with the devilish deed, inflicting him with pain once again.