Freshers

CHAPTER 2.

After the CR finished announcing I straightaway went home and started panicking about what should I do Tomorrow, I was in my room when mom came in and asked 

"Is everything okay? You look stressed."

I-i'm fine, just thinking about the college assignment." I replied.

Mom left the room giving me evening tea and snacks. 

I was tense and waiting for my brother to come back home from his job. After drinking the lovely tea made by mom, I instantly started feeling the urge to sleep as if the tea was drugged or something. I fell asleep and woke up when my phone notification rang. It was a message from our college group stating the dress code for tomorrow was, a western outfit.

I opened my closet in a hurry after reading the message, and I started finding some good clothes for tomorrow, a little time passed by, and my room became a full mess with my clothes lying everywhere.

Meanwhile, my brother came home from work and headed toward my room. He opened the door of my room and all he could see were clothes lying around.

"Where are you yohan?" my Brother asked.

"Here," I said.

I came out from the middle of the clothes, surprising my brother. My brother looked scared and more than that he was so tense, that I'd finally gone mad.

"What are you doing Yohan, with these clothes all over the room?" Brother asked.

"I've got freshers tomorrow so I'm finding myself some good clothes to wear," I replied.

"Freshers!! Huh!!! Brings back memories". Brothers said. 

My brother went into nostalgia and started to imagine those good old days. He had a lot of buddies during his college time, some of them even came to our place, which got me cheered up for my college life as well but it wasn't going on anything as my brother had it. 

We had dinner and my brother was telling us how his freshers were so much fun that he still can't forget it. After dinner, my brother accompanied me and lent me a hand in choosing my clothes for tomorrow.

After lots of searching, it was past 11 and we finally found the perfect outfit for me to wear with a navy blue blazer and grey shirt along with blue trousers.

"This outfit is gonna get my brother a girlfriend tomorrow," my brother said.

I blushed hard, facing my face toward the ground trying to hide my embarrassment.

"S-shut up, I don't go to college for this," I replied.

My brother was laughing looking at me blushing firsthand until I burst off on him to stop teasing me. 

My brother came towards me leaning toward myself keeping his hand on my shoulder and whispered in my ear.

"It's going to be okay. Just go out there and enjoy yourself." my brother said.

I stood still in front of my brother and put an end to my overflowing emotions, and I smiled back looking at him, he didn't say any hard-hitting quotes or any sort of that, but just him telling me this made me calm down.

We piled up all the clothes and went to sleep, while switching the lights off I was happy that I've got such a great elder brother.

The next morning I slept till late since I had no college today. I woke up and had some tea, waiting for the evening to come with a sense of nervousness and a bit of excitement.

Finally, the long-awaited evening came and I wore the clothes just as decided.

I left home with a happy face, but I was still a bit nervous because I had to go all alone inside the college without any group of friends. I reached the college and I was standing outside the gate entering my fresher's party. 

I stood there in front of the gate for more than 5 minutes gathering my courage to get inside the gate, I noticed that no one was around the gate so I assumed that I was early and decided to wait for another few minutes, While I was waiting, I saw the huge board of my college at the top, It was my first time witnessing it.

"The DA College of commerce," I said.

The board was beautiful with the white LED lighting making it stand out more. I snapped out of it, and though I saw no one around I decided to enter the gate myself, I gathered all my courage and stepped inside the gate. I started feeling happy as It was some big accomplishment.

I went to the hall and saw everyone getting ready to dance. It was a bit strange and I thought to myself.

"Doesn't the principal say anything?" 

It was unnatural but I stood there anyway watching everyone from the side starting to dance. I picked out my phone and started to scroll through it so I don't feel awkward until I opened my college group and I saw that the timing for today was 7:30 PM, I went back to the home button quickly and saw that the time was 8:30 PM, my heart skipped a beat for a moment and that was when I figured out that everything happened as planned and I was the one who reached late.

I was pissed at myself for being so irresponsible, staring at people right in front of me. I felt I deserved to be all alone and I understood why no one wanted to be friends with me because I was always late and tried to act like someone else in front of them.

I was standing right where I stood that day during the orientation, I wanted to get out of there quickly as soon as It ended. When someone from behind called out to me.

"Ah! There you are," someone said.

I thought I was just imagining things and went on to look at my phone. Someone from behind came and patted my shoulder, I turned my head around and asked 

"Who are you?."

"Did you forget your girlfriend?"

 she replied.

I went into a deep shock and thought that this all was just a dream. I went on to pinch myself when she brought her hand toward me and grabbed my hand gently pulling me toward her and started running at the front.

I was not able to see her face since it was dark and the disco lights were all over the place. But I recognized her voice.

It was her. The girl I met on the first day of college.