pt.20

Aonung's Pov:

I couldn't stop crying all night. I wondered how neteyam felt. He just wants time for us both to figure it out. I tried to convince myself. It doesn't mean everything is over. But I still cried.

I woke up the next day, my eyes hurt badly and I felt like shit. But I had to get up so I did.

I fixed my hair and put on my necklace, leaving out of my den. I walked to the camp gathering area and the first person I saw was rotxo, he was sitting alone and looked rather sad and miserable.

I walked over to him, sitting down. "feel like shit too?" I asked him, he just nodded slowly. He looked like he was about to cry. "Wanna talk about it?" I asked him, he shook his head no. I nodded in understanding and we sat in silence for a while.

I felt his head rest against my shoulder before he spoke. "Aonung your good at keeping secrets right?" He asked me, I nodded. "I believe I am" I said, rotxo sighed. "I like this girl" he admitted. "But I can't be with her"

My thoughts instantly went to the person I thought he was talking about.

"Why can't you be with her?" I asked him, he sighed miserably. "Because she likes someone else I'm pretty sure" he sighed. "Your pretty sure?" I asked raising an eyebrow. He nodded slowly before his head popped up off my shoulder. "An she's- uh she's..."

He looked at me worriedly. Just tell me. I wanted to say. "She's not like us" he finally said. "What's wrong with that?" I asked him, he stared at me in confusion. "It's different" he tried to explain. "What if everyone..."

He trailed off, dropping his head again.

"She wouldn't like me anyways" I grumbled, I instantly grabbed his shoulder. "Why wouldn't she like you?" I asked him, he rolled his eyes. "Look at me aonung" he mumbled.

"Yeah your rotxo" I told him.

(Don't worry your the adorable blue little mosey rotxo 💓)

Rotxo rolled his eyes again. "That's not what I mean" he grumbled. "Dude you won't know she likes you until you try and see" I told him, he instantly shook his head. "No that's scary!" He said worriedly.

"Rotxo!" We heard a voice call, rotxo head instantly shot up and he looked worried, I did to when I saw who was following Kiri.

"What are you two boys doing?" Kiri smiled, neteyam looked awkward, his eyes were red too. "Nothing!" Both me and rotxo shouted at the same time. Kiri gave us a weird look. "Uh... Okay?" She said awkwardly.

"Anyways!" She cheered, neteyam rolled his eyes playfully. "We're going to be setting up a party!" Kiri cheered. "We?" Neteyam snorted, I looked away fast when we made eye contact. "Yeah! I want rotxo and aonung to join in!" Kiri cheered.

"Who's all going to be there?" Rotxo asked nervously. Kiri grinned big. "Well all my siblings" she nudged neteyam when she said this. "Tsireya, spider, Otwayu, hopefully you guys and it will be like a friend group party!" She said happily.

Yeah friend group. I wanted to say. Rotxo looked really worried, I slung my arm around his shoulder. "We'll talk about it" I said, fake smiling at her.

I felt neteyam looking at me but Kiri cheered excitedly. "Okay! Please me there it's tomorrow night!" She said excitedly. She grabbed neteyam's arm and dragged him away.

Rotxo instantly shrunk down when kiri left, he covered his face with his hands. "I can't do this" he whined. I nodded in agreement patting his back. "I'll only go if you go!" He said grabbing my wrist.

I couldn't help but laugh. He's making it so obvious he likes kiri.

"We'll be each other's supports there" I told him, holding up my fist.

He bumped my fist, showing a real smile. "This is why your my best friend aonung" he said.

I'm sorry but I love their friendship so much and I feel like it would be one of those super comfortable "I'll always trust you" friendships 😭 it's so cute

Word count: 700