pt.14

Aonung's Pov:

Neteyam and I have gotten better at hanging out with each other, though we only do it in private so my parents don't see us. Or that Otwayu girl.

But for right now he was with his family and I was with mine.

We we're discussing about how rotxo would become leader. Me and rotxo weren't exactly aloud into the conversation and were supposed to stay in my den but we we're ease dropping.

I was 100% happy that the tribe would go to rotxo instead of me because of my injury but my father was very upset. "Aonung was born to be a leader" tono snapped. "How do we know rotxo has what it takes?"

"Aonung picked rotxo we should have trust" I heard my mother say. "He picked rotxo because it's his friend" Tonowari snorted. "Aonung has many friends, rotxo obliviously has something in him that made aonung choose him" ronal said.

Rotxo looked over at me and I nodded slowly.

My parents kept bickering back and forth. So me and rotxo left. "I thought there was going to be a lot more to talk then just that" rotxo laughed, I nodded smiling.

"Hey aonung" rotxo asked, I turned to look at him. "Why did you pick me?" He asked, I sighed smiling at him.
"Your smart rotxo" I laughed. "And you got a good heart for it too"

I could see a smile grace rotxo's face. "Thank you" he said patting my back. I nodded about to go find neteyam.

"Hey aonung!" Rotxo suddenly said. I turned back to face him. "When I'm leader I'll make sure you get a say on all my decisions!" He smiled, giving be a thumbs up. I felt my heart tug.

Me and rotxo had been best friends for years, but since he wasn't a family of "high-ranking" he kind of lived in my shadow.

It was nice to see him get the spotlight for once.

I went back and hugged rotxo, it was a long hug not a short hug before we greeted our goodbyes and he was off to find kiri, who I saw by the beach earlier.

I looked for neteyam too see if he was still busy with his family. I couldn't find him at first.

It took a long time to find him but he was at the edge of the forest, picking berries, I smiled walking up to him, my tail swished back a forth. "Hey neteyam" I greeted.

I must have startled him because he jumped before he smiled at me. "Hey aonung" he said, setting down the berries he was picking in his basket.

I sat down next to him. "Why are you picking berries?" I asked, looking down at his basket. He laughed. "Tuk wanted to make her own juice" he said, shaking his head. I nodded, tilting the basket to examine the berries.

"None of them are poisonous" I smiled, neteyam nodded thankfully before looking at me, we made eye contact.

We stayed like that for a while before neteyam spoke up. "Hey aonung?" He whispered scooting closer. I kept my eyes locked with his. "Yeah?"

"Can I kiss you?" Neteyam asked. I felt my face go warm and neteyam smirked. I nodded slowly and neteyam leaned in, our lips connecting. It felt nice.

The kiss was getting a lot more sloppier, neteyam was in power. This moment felt nice.

"Neteyam!" A voice called, we both froze before I pushed neteyam off, a little to hard.

But judging by tsireya's face she saw, she pointed a finger between us. "You two..." She trailed off in disbelief. I felt really embarrassed. "Tsireya please don't tell anyone" neteyam asked her, she stared at him in complete surprise.

"You lied about Otwayu" it seemed more like a question, I looked over at neteyam and he lowered his head nodding slowly. "Me and aonung don't want people knowing" neteyam explained, I nodded to his words and tsireya instantly softened.

"I understand" she smiled. "I'll keep my mouth shut" I thanked my sister and so did neteyam.

"Oh but tuk was looking for you" tsireya said, pointing at neteyam, he nodded getting up, I got up to, handing him the berry basket. "Bye aonung" neteyam smiled, waving goodbye.

Once he left tsireya turned back to me raising an eyebrow. "Don't" I growled, she had a playful smile on her face. "Wow neteyam huh"

My face instantly heated up. "Tsireya..." I grumbled. She laughed patting my shoulder. "It's okay aonung" she smiled. "The Sully's are just to hard to resist, even for you"

I rolled my eyes hitting her hand away. "Shut up" I laughed. We began to walk back to the camp.

In some way I think I was happy that someone found out and didn't have a big reaction about it.

Supportive sister. We stand tsireya.

Word count: 817