pt.15

Neteyam's Pov:

Me and aonung had been having little time to hang out for about three weeks. I think some part of it had to do with Otwayu.

Aonung didn't like her very much, and when aonung wasn't around she said some mean stuff about him to all of us, even tsireya. Who would try to keep her cool.

"Neteyam!" I heard a voice call, I sighed lightly. Turning to see Otwayu, aonung glared at her. "Do you have some time to hang out?" She asked, touching my arm. "Can't you see?" Aonung hissed.

I put my hand up next to his arm. "Aonung meant that me and him we're hanging out right now" I explained. She seemed to pout. "Can I hang out with you guys" she asked, smiling lightly.

"No." Aonung said flatly.

She glared over at him. "I wasn't asking you" she snapped, aonung rolled his eyes. "Um sorry Otwayu" I apologized. "It's just that-"

"Please!!" She begged.

"He said no you fuck face!" Aonung snapped, I grabbed onto his arm. "Now get the fuck away from us!"

"Aonung shh!" Heads started to turn in our direction. Otwayu had a hurt look on her face before she turned around and walked back her head down. "Aonung!" I said turning to him. "She wasn't listening to you" aonung defended himself. I sighed. He was right.

--time skip.

Neteyam's Pov:

Me and aonung sat at the edge of his den, our feet in the water. "Have you practiced swimming?" I asked him, he shook his head. "Would you like to try one time with me?" I asked him. Aonung sighed. "Neteyam it wouldn't make a difference" aonung said sadly. I frowned. You haven't even tried.

"Okay" I said, we sat in silence for a few more minutes.

"I would like to swim with you though" aonung said, I looked over at him smiling. "Just you though" he said. "Of course" I smiled happily. A small smile graced aonung's face.

He stood up. "Then let's go" he said I looked up at him confused. "Right now?" I asked, aonung nodded laughing, I got up following him.

We walked to the beach, I talked to him about how I thought I could swim faster now, he seemed overall happy.

When we got to the water I dived in first, aonung seemed cautious stepping into the water but that was okay he could take as long as he needed.

I reached out my hand for him once he had gotten about waist deep, he took my hand. He was really nervous. "Just breathe your okay" I smiled at him, he nodded slowly taking in a deep breath before letting it out. I nodded smiling at him. "Ready?" I asked him, holding both of his hands.

Aonung nodded. "I trust you neteyam" he whispered. I smiled, pulling him out farther in the water. I could see his tail start to paddle, only one of his legs kicked through the water. "Does it hurt when you use your leg?" I asked him, he nodded his head. "Sometimes yeah"

I nodded, I started to swim too, we sank a little bit and this scared aonung, he grabbed tighter onto my arms and pulled closer. "It's okay" I told him, he was breathing heavily.

"Try using your tail as a paddle for your leg?" I told him, he shook his head. "Neteyam-"

"Just breathe it's okay" I told him, i could tell he was scared. "What if it doesn't work" aonung stressed, I smiled at him. "We'll find something else to help" i told him. He nodded slowly, his tail started to paddle fast, the same speed as his leg and we went farther out.

"I'm gonna let go now okay?" I told him, loosing my grip on his arms. His grip tightened, pulling closer to me. "Neteyam!" He shouted. "Hey you'll be okay" I told him. "No I'll sink and drown!" Aonung shouted. I shook my head. "No aonung" I said.

"I'm right here I'll help you if you need it" I told him, he looked scared but still nodded, his grip slowly loosened, his tail and leg paddled.

He let go of my forearm, he sunk a bit but his head stayed afloat as he paddled. I paddled too. "That's it aonung!" I smiled at him, he paddled closer to me, I could see the smile across his face. "I think it's working" he laughed, he sunk a bit more and I instantly grabbed his arm. "You okay?" I asked, he nodded his head, wiping the water off his face.

"I think I need more practice" aonung said, I nodded laughing. "Can we go back now?" Aonung asked, grabbing onto my arm. I nodded and we began to swim back.

When we reached the shore aonung helped me out of the water. "Tomorrow we should try again" aonung said, flipping his braid out of his way. I nodded smiling at him.

"Neteyam?" I heard a voice call, I turned to see Otwayu, tsireya, and Kiri walking down the beach. I could feel aonung tense beside me. "There you are!" Otwayu cheered running up too me. "It's been hours!" She exclaimed. "You said you would hang out with us later" she said, grabbing my arm and pulling me forward.

"Sorry Otwayu" i mumbled, shooting aonung an apologized look too. "Aonung how are you doing?" I heard Kiri asked. Aonung shrugged. "You know I'm living" he said, tsireya hit his shoulder playfully before whispering something in his ear.

He looked at me and I saw his face go red.

"Come on neteyam!" Otwayu said, pulling me forward. "I want to show you guys something" she smiled eagerly. I turned to invite aonung but he was already making his way off the beach.

Kiri and tsireya were walking behind me. "What did you say to Aonung?" I asked tsireya. She smiled playfully. "Nothing" she laughed, I heard Kiri start to giggle. "What?" I asked. Kiri shook her head. "Nothing tsireya was just making funny faces" kiri laughed.

What did tsireya say? I wondered.

So cute 🥰
Word count: 1022