pt.10

Aonung's Pov:

It had been a few weeks, I think my leg was getting better, I could walk for a while without pain but it still felt uncomfortable and sometimes I had to limp. It made me really mad.

I think I was also mad because I hadn't talked to neteyam. But I hadn't really talked to anyone really. But I missed neteyam the most. Why hadn't he came to my den to talk? I wondered, feeling sad.

"Aonung!" I turned to see rotxo, he carried down two cross bows, he handed one to me.

We walked along the sand, that's when I started to realize how much slower I was, I used to walk faster than rotxo but now he walked Infront of me with ease.

We reached the ilu's, and for some reason it pained me to move forward. But my leg didn't hurt. "Aonung?" Rotxo turned around to look at me. He looked down at the ilu's. "You know we don't have to-"

I shook my head. "It's fine let's go" I walked over to the ilu. The ilu that wasn't even mine. 

"Im sorry about calian" rotxo told me, he looked sad. I don't want his sympathy. "It's fine let's go" I said, getting the ilu ready.

We both dived in the water, but this time it didn't feel how it normally felt.

It felt like the water was full of war and danger, I tried my best to push that feeling away and enjoy the beauty of the water. Like I used to.

When I saw the edge of the reef I didn't feel joy or peace like I used too. I felt scared.

I instantly pulled my ilu up to the surface. My heart was racing. Rotxo soon popped up with his ilu. "Hey aonung it's okay" rotxo told me. I shook my head, it felt like my heart was racing to fast to speak.

"Hey" I heard rotxo say, I glanced over at him. "Im scared to, and that's okay"

I began to nod slowly. "Could we hunt here instead?" I asked him, he smiled nodding. I sighed with relief, it felt like some of the weight and pressure had been lifted off my chest.

Rotxo got off his ilu, jumping in the water, he waited for me. I got off my ilu, jumping in that water, but when I tried to swim everything felt different. I struggled and my heart began to race again.

Rotxo instantly grabbed my arm pulling me up and closer to the ilu. I instantly grabbed onto it. Panting. "Aonung-"

"I want to go back!" I said, everything felt blank and scary. "Take me back!" I said, getting back on the ilu. "Aonung!" I heard rotxo call.

I can't swim. I can't swim.

That isn't fair. I should be able to swim! My chest felt so heavy.

I began to walk back to my den, but my heart dropped. Neteyam was with a girl from my tribe. They we're swimming in the water together, Kiri and tuk sat on the beach.

Why was neteyam with a girl? I wondered. Was she the reason he wasn't talking to me? Does he like her!?

I watched her swim closer to him, putting her hand on his shoulder. They we're so close together. That's not fair.

It felt like all the pressure was just building up on me, I put my head down not wanting to see those two together I left for my den.

Neteyam doesn't like me anymore.

😭 Poor aonung 😞 he's suffering so much.
Word count: 600