The Uprising (Chapter 18)

No pov. Back in the Palace a while later

"You find anything, Katara?" Aang asked as he landed in the Palace courtyard from his glider.

"Unfortunately, no," Katara said, worried because of what might happen. Then she remembered Aang's vision, "Do you think your vision could have been the result of what's happening?"

"It's a possibility, but I doubt it will come to that," Aang said, trying to reassure Katara as well as himself, "I'm sure we'll be able to prevent it if that happ-"

"Aang! There you are!" Suki yelled out to them, running into the courtyard, joining them, "Katara too, good that'll make everyone," she said, trying to catch her breath.

"You alright, Suki?" Katara asked, putting a hand on her shoulder, "What's going on?"

"A report... came in... from the Capital Prison..." She said between breaths, "Ozai has escaped and is nowhere to be found."

"No... that can't be," Katara said, eyes wide as she covered her mouth in complete shock, not wanting to believe what she heard, wanting to call Suki a jerk for pulling such a horrible prank, but she knew. She knew it was the real thing.

"Toph even scanned the city again but didn't find anything," Suki informed them, "Don't worry, she's fine. It was just a quick scan. She's at the prison right now."

"Aang, are you alright?" Katara asked him. He hadn't said a word and had a completely stoic face, not showing any emotion to what they'd just been told, "Aang..?"

"We need to go, now," he said, tightening his grip on his glider before calling for Appa with his whistle.

"Yeah, we should get to the prison to help out everyon-"

"No, I mean we need to leave. We gotta get far away from here, I don't know where yet, but we have to hurry," he said to them just as Appa landed, and they all quickly hopped in, "Appa, yip yip!" He yelled out, guiding him in the direction of the prison.

At the prison

"Suki, can you run in and get them?" Aang asked as they landed on the rocky terrain outside of the prison.

"I'll be back in under 2 minutes," She said as she slid off Appa's back and ran inside.

"Aang, can you tell me what you're thinking?" Katara asked, trying to get some answers from Aang, "At least when we're rushing to le-"

"Shhhh, keep your voice down. We don't know who's listening," he said to Katara, causing her to take a slight glance around, and instantly she knew what he meant, she could feel a sort of cloud looming in the shadows, but it wasn't just one place, it felt like it was slowly closing in around them, "C'mon Suki hurry up."

"Excuse me! You're the Avatar, aren't you?" A guard called out to them, approaching Appa, causing him to get a little antsy.

"Appa calm shhh," Aang said, trying to calm his Bison down, "Yes, I am. Who's asking?"

"Just a member of the prison guard," he said, getting closer, "Just wanted to ask a few questions, is all," he said as he continued to close the distance.

"Sorry, but I can't at the moment," Aang said nervously, hoping Suki and the others were all good.

"It'll be quick, I promise," the guard continued to protest, now only about 30 feet away, "It's just a couple of questions, is all," he kept insisting, now only 20 feet away.

"Not right now, please. I'm attending to something important," Aang said, feeling the presence getting stronger, "Please stop where you are," Aang said, getting ready to use force if he had to before a rock flew in and hit the soldier, knocking him backward.