The Meeting, The Letter, Sounds of a New War (Chapter 17)

A/N. To avoid any confusion, I'm going to lay out the current settings and who's where. Every part of this chapter is happening at the same time.

The Gaang/Suki are on their way to the palace planning room for the meeting.

Ty Lee is doing her thing at the Infirmary.

Zuko and Azula are on the airship.

Hopefully, that clears up confusion if there was any, enjoy
_____________________________________________

No pov

"Good morning Aang, did you get any sleep?"

"Morning Katara," he replied still stretching and yawning, "I didn't get much, but I did have this vision."

"Oh, what about?" Katara asked quizzically.

"It wasn't too clear, but there was a lot of fighting, I couldn't tell who or why though," Aang explained, "I could just tell there was a huge battle."

"That doesn't sound good," Katara said slightly concerned and with a slight frown, "hopefully it wasn't a vision of what's to come, especially since we just ended The One Hundred Year War." She added as they reached the doors to the command room.

"I'm sure it'll be okay," Aang said wanting to reassure her, but even he didn't believe that, something just didn't feel right but he couldn't tell what, "You ready to get this meeting started?" He asked her, extending his hand to take her.

"I'm ready as I'll be," She said with a smile, taking his hand, "Let's do this," she said while opening the large door.

As they walked in they saw that Sokka, Mai, and Toph had already been waiting and had seemed to be deep into a conversation until Sokka saw his sister and the Avatar enter the room.

"Good morning to you love birds," Sokka called out teasingly, "You two have fun last night?" He added with a wink and a laugh.

"Oh haha very funny," Katara replied sarcastically slightly blushing, "Even if that was the case, sounds like you're jealous, y'know with Suki being on watch and all." She replied with a sly smirk as she sat in the seat directly across from her brother, causing everyone else to laugh hysterically, everyone but Sokka of course.

"I heard my name," a voice called out from behind, "So what did I miss?" Suki said entering the room through the open doors

"NOTHING!" Sokka yelled causing everyone to double over laughing even harder than before, as he folded his arms, sinking down into his chair even more embarrassed than before.

"That's a lie snoozles, tell the pretty girl the truth!" Toph cried out, causing another eruption of laughter and causing Sokka to turn redder than a tomato.

"You guys really are something else," Suki said and she couldn't help but chuckle to herself, their laughs were just too contagious, "Anyways, are we ready to get this meeting started?" She asked taking the seat next to Sokka.

"Well, I guess we can go ahead and get started," Mai said getting everyone to calm down and focus on the task at hand, "The only ones that aren't here yet are Zuko and Ty Lee, and well technically Azula too, but every one of significant importance is here, the Avatar, the strongest earthbender in the world and member of a high profile Earth Kingdom family, the person who defeated Azula and one of the best healers in the world, the leader of the Kyoshi Warriors and one of the best hand-to-hand fighters in the world," she said point to Aang, Toph, Katara, and Suki respectively before looking at Sokka, "...And Sokka."

"Oh come on!" Sokka exclaimed, throwing his arms up and causing another fit of laughter from everyone else.

"Just kidding Sokka, I couldn't help it," She said with a smile.