3.

In the early morning a week later when everything has calmed down Lucio sat at the large dining table alone to have breakfast since his parents were gone for work yet seeing a maid carry his little brother around to take care of him for the day he knows this all to well....this is how he started off in life and he does not want that for his brother. "Miss? I will take care of my brother"

The maid stops in her tracks and gives Lucio a smile "my young lord there is no need for that. You are a child yourself you should not need to care for him"

Lucio stands up and walks over to her extending his arms for his little brother "please" he spoke and the maid sighs knowing she cannot disobey the higher rank their orders. She carefully places the baby in his arms.

"I wanted to feed him so i will prepare a bottle for him" she spoke turning away to go to the kitchen yet she notices Lucio following her. "Young lord. With all due respect....what are you doing?"

The young boy looks up at her and the other servants in the kitchen " want to learn how to make the bottle myself. I want to take care of him when my parents cannot do that."

Sasha furrows her brows and walks over crouching down infront of him "i know what you are doing young lord but you are a child yourself you should not be taking care of him all on your own."

"I am not. If i have a question i will ask you or Leon. You two practically raised me...i do not want for Valerius to go trough what i have been trough. The be neglected by your own family." He whispers and looks down at the baby.

Sasha sadly smiles up at him knowing how good his heart and that it is in the right place yet she found it sad that it has to come to this that he, a child is willing to give up on his own childhood to take care of his brother. "This is a great responsibility "

Lucio gives her a nod before he sits down on a chair in the kitchen so when he was given the bottle he can properly feed his younger brother as to everybody their surprise he did it correctly the first try. "I know. But i will take all responsibility, i will take all his tasks, i will do anything he has to do so that he can play around and have a good childhood, a fun one..the one i did not get" he whispers and watches how his brother looks up at him with those blue eyes as he can see he clearly will look more like their mother.

It was two years later and Lucio is ten now as for Valerian he is two.
Their parents had gotten more busy so his father would give Lucio some tasks aswell which he would carry out while taking care of Valerius. At the moment Lucio was sitting in the small library with Valerius on his lap as he was reading a book feeling tired from the overbearing workload and from how much responsibility he has yet he keeps on going. "Brother-..."

Lucio his attention went to Valerius giving him a tired smile "yes? What is it?"

"Dog" Valerius spoke. He cannot speak full sentences yet so often it would be a bunch of words mixed together so Lucio or anybody else has to figure out what he says.

Lucio turns his head to the door of the library and trough the glass he can see three dogs sitting there. Their mother has fostered some dogs to keep them company so Lucio smiles softly " do you want to play with the dogs?" Seeing his little brother nod he stands up and carries him outside of the small library as the dogs are following them. He sits down in the middle of the ballroom with Valerius in his arms so if the dogs go a little crazy he can keep Valerius safe for in the moment yet the dogs are calm and just lay at their feet. Slowly he puts his younger brother down and lets him pet the dogs yet he keeps a close eye on him despite him being incredible tired. He smiles when he hears Valerius giggle and watches how the smaller dog licks his hand each time Val tries to pet him. Lucio smiles as he pets the older dog who has his head resting on Lucio his lap. Lucio wishes Valerius can run around like any other child but he cant due to the disability he is born with yet since he is training to use a leg brace to help him walk or walk in general they suspect he needs crutches or atleast one crutch or cane to help him walk. His attention did turn to the other dog who stares at the back door and is growling. Lucio swiftly turns around and sees a dark figure dissapear and since it was still dark outside he could not really see who it was. He was not scared yet he pulls Valerius close to him who was scared as he rubs his little brother his back gently who hided his face in Lucio his chest. "Shhhtt it is nothing" he whispers. It was a lie but it is better to lie then to further scare the child. He picks Valerius up and carries him to his bedroom where he would change him into sleepwear since it was time for his nap since Valerius has to sleep often because of his illness which makes him very tired at random of times. He watches the two large dogs join him on the bed as Lucio picks the smaller dog up and sets it down on the bed. "They will protect you okay? I will be back in a hour to see if you are still asleep" he spoke and tucks Valerius in.
Despite Lucio working a lot he still would manage to spoil his brother with anything he wanted. Before he realises it he sees Valerius is already asleep hugging the smaller dog. Lucio would smile and press a kiss on his forehead before he pats the other dogs their heads leaving the room soon enough. Wanting to go to work again he makes his way to his study and right as he walks a corner he was almost teckled by Leon but Lucio teckles the man with him so both landed on the ground.