10 Copa (1)

ALEXIS' POV

I still wasn't over the humiliation I went through. I know I'm overreacting right now and it wasn't that much of a big deal, but dang... Got embarrassed twice in a day! I was fortunate to have Jolie by my side. Speaking of her, I have 'a lot' of explaining to do once I hit home.

"I'm sorry okay?!" She said out loud with her arms spread. "I messed up and didn't know what to do. I was afraid that Alfredo would reject my child and I. It was too much!" She explained.

You got it right, we were in the procedure against Lucia. Lucas snickered as he wasn't having any of this.

"Let me get this straight... It was 'too much' to tell the truth, so you went to harass me for quiet some time AND publicly assaulted my manager?" Lucas questioned.

Lucia bit her lip and looked away. The case seemed clear to me. I really feel bad for the baby. Nothing more needed to be said. There was evidence, so Lucia got community service and has a restraining order. Also, her future child will be under surveillance as the child protection service got involved.

[....]

"Girl, I ain't done with you yet!" My histerical work bestie followed me to the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes of annoyance as I turned around to face her. She had her arms crossed against her chest and had a demanding look on her face.

"Listen, I wasn't allowed to tell colleagues. The only reason why Dakota knew is because she is the CEO's niece and Lucas' cousin. Otherwise she wouldn't. Do you understand?"

It was currently morning and I needed to get ready for work. Jolie slept over at my place and didn't seem to forget about everything, while I was trying my very best to do so.

She shook her head of disagreement. "She's Harold's niece and Lucas' cousin, but I am still your FRIEND. I cannot believe you'd hide such things from me!"

"Yes you're my friend, but we're colleagues first! I cannot tell you everything that is going on with me!"

"So let me get this straight... We're more colleagues than friends, aren't we? Do colleagues go to each other's houses? I came to your aid when you were devastated and spent the night consoling you, yet I'm a colleague first?! Besides you don't even work for Harold anymore which means we're not colleagues!"

For instance, I felt bad. This really wasn't a moment to argue, but she really took it bad what I said and took her stuff and left. I sighed before throwing myself on my couch.

What the heck just happened?

Like I'm grateful she was there for me and slept over and I get it she's hurt because I hid things from her, but she's also acting very childish. I'm dealing with some stuff right now and she's whining for such meaningless things.

I dialed her number on my phone and tried to reach her, but she declined my call. I sent her a message instead.

💬 Text me or 📞 me some times later.
Delivered.

LUCAS' POV

La Copa has finally debuted in my home country's capital. We're opening the championship by playing against Venezuela 🇻🇪. The boys and I were preparing ourselves mentally in the lockers room.