9: I quit!

LUCAS' POV

London and its traffic... Unbearable! I'm fourty minutes late and Daniel didn't hide the fact that the girls were pissed off. I finally made my way to the restaurant and my comrade was waiting for me at the entrance. The ladies were inside. We both went for a high vive.

"Daniel, you're sure she's hot?" I questioned him as we were walking inside.

With a smirk on his face, he answered: "She's a very classy woman. A bit short tempered because mister decided to show up late, but she's a good one."

We approached the ladies, but they haven't seen us yet. They were talking about me, obviously.

"How come he made us wait like that? Is he a celebrity or something? This is the last time I'll ever go on a blind date. I want to go home." I heard.

"Relax, Jolie. Though I understand your feelings, but you never know. Maybe he is a fun guy." Daniel's girlfriend, Lisa, reassured her.

"Yeah, whatever."

Well... Awkward.

Daniel just gave me a look. Let's just pretend not to hear anything. I greeted the ladies, who were both surprised to see me.

"Oh my goodness, Lucas Paquetá?!" They both said in disbelief.

"Yeah... Sorry I'm late."

"Nah, you're good. You're good!" 'Jolie' said. "We have already met before with Dakota. What a coincidence!"

"Ooh I remember. Wait, you're friends with Lex, right?"

"Lex? Y'all friends now?" She joked.

"Well, she has been working for me for a month, so-"

"WHAT?!" She let out in disbelief. This surprised me. Isn't she aware? "Alex works for you? How? When? Why? What the hell?! How am I not aware of this? Does Dakota know?"

Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut.

Of all people, did I really need to come across my cousin's colleagues? I don't want to be the author of a feud between two friends.

"Maybe you should discuss this with her?"

She nodded. I was relieved for a moment until she took her phone and decided to video call Lexi.

"Uhm, what are you doing?"

"I'm calling Lexi, duh!" She answered ironically.

"We're in the middle of a date-"

"Yeah, a date YOU showed up late. Snap, she's not answering. Let's try Dakota."

Speaking of the wolf, my cousin just called me. I excused myself and answered the call.

"Hey, prima I'm on a date right now-"

"There's a problem with Alex, she's out of control. I'm on my way home. She wants to leave and Luz called me for help."

"Huh?! What? What happened?"

"I don't know. One of your crazy chicks assaulted her publicly and it went viral."