4: Justice freakin' Tanner!

LUCAS' POV

Life isn't easy, although it seems to be for plenty of us and we start to envy them completely unaware of the hidden hardships they have to endure everyday.

Losing is a part of life, although winning is better. But really, always winning gets boring at times.

Ugh.

I threw the book away I was reading on the sofa. The sun was shining and I had my day off. I wanted to spend it with no disturbance.

We were so close. So freakin' close! I bawled like a baby as soon as I hit home. I was truly disgusted. When were we going to qualify for the champions league final ever again?

I feel like I'm losing everything here. Can't do anything right.

"Are we sobbing again?" I heard heels footsteps coming closer to me.

My cousin, Dakota, pointed herself in front of me with her arms crossed against her chest. I looked up to her because I was lying down, while she was looking down on me.

"Lucas, don't worry. You'll be a world champion very soon!" She tried to cheer me up.

"Whatever."

"Now tell me, how do I look? Do I look workie?" She asked, with a weird pose and a duckface.

I couldn't escape laughing. This girl sure was something else. "You better not mess up this time and go for it. You're lucky your uncle recruited you for this one."

She rolled her eyes of annoyance. Dakota has always been a spoiled brat, which is partially my fault. Her mother, who's my aunt, sent her away to England to work for her paternal uncle Harold. She just got here last week and will currently stay with me. I have to 'keep an eye on her'.

"I'm not a baby no more, primo!" She whined. "Get ready to see me become an independent woman!" She did her weird poses again.

I watched my cousin leave my mansion, praying she won't ruin this opportunity. In the meantime I received a call from Luz, my brand manager. I answered the call.

"What's up?"

"Lucas, my boy. How is it going?!"

"Good good. What about you?"

In the meantime, I served myself a good smoothie and went to sit down on the kitchen island.

"I'm doing great. I hope you didn't forget our conversation last time?"

"Nah... I was probably too drunk."

"Nice one. I'm going to need an assistant manager before leaving."

"So you're really breaking up with me, huh?"

"Gotta take care of my mother, fella."

"Understandable."

"So when can we set a date for the candidates?"

"I'd say now."