Nightmares from the Ravine

Start from the beginning

And after what seemed like forever, they made it to the end of the cave that seemed to never end. The rest of the bird's were already there, all except for two sitting right under the ceiling on some old chains that hung down from the ceiling. They joined them, settling down and making more space for the rest. Soon, the cave was filled with birds to the brim, sound of rustling interrupting the silence.
One of the two Crow's that weren't sitting down hopped on the ground, making it's way to the middle of the cave slowly, before stopping. The second one stayed by the side, head titling in every direction as it tried to grasp what the other was doing.
The first crow used it's small feet to tap the ground and listening to the sound before hoping around and repeating the motion. It did just that for some time, just tapping and listening to the sound.

What doing?

Looking

Why?

The source

Is not here?

Has to be

A Crow, whose name was Ghost that was given because him of the small white spot on the top of his head, fluttered his feathers and hoped back to where he was before. He made a small chirp, followed by another two and they listened. There was silence, nothing answering him and he found himself repeating the call a second time and then third.

Not here?

Can't be

Fake call?

No

Danger

Confusion?

Never

Ghost then got an idea and he leaned forward to gently peck the ground. A soft sound, barely having any tune to it. He repeated, head perking up when he heard something. He did it again and froze for a moment, before a cry reached his ears.
He did it again, and again, and again. Each time, there was an answer.

Here

Call

What now?

Reach it

As on signal, every single Crow started squawking loudly, the silence turning into one huge concert. The ground shook, dust lingering in the air when some smaller rocks fell to the ground. Despite that, the Crow's continued with their calling and cared less about the danger.
The longer they did that, the shaking became stronger and Ghost was forced to take off in the air to not get crushed by any rocks that decided to fell on the ground, adding even more mess to the whole situation.
With the dust getting thicker and the air getting heavier, the cawing slowly growing less intense.
And then, silence.

The birds were confused when nothing happened, silence falling back again with the dust messing up their vision more than it already was.
Ghost sat back on the ground, about to peck the ground again when something cracked under him. His head shot to the side, a huge crack in the ground inches away from his tiny body. He squawked when a bright light lit up the crack, successfully blinding him. He tripped over his small feet, a panicked squawked ripping from his throat, causing panic to settle in between the rest of the murder.
Ghost struggled to take off in the air, almost as of his wings forget how to fly. All, while the crack in the ground slowly grew bigger, the loud cracking sound adding even more panic.

Something, just anything that none of them have seen before erupted from the ground, long blue veins swaying in the air, colliding with the ceiling and walls from each direction. The Flock took of in panic, flying around while crashing into each other and even flying in the wall. They scrambled off the chains, feathers flying everywhere and loud squawks filling the room louder than before. On the ground, Ghost finally managed to get himself in check and flapped his wings for a moment before taking off, going straight for the exit. However, his freedom didn't last long before something latched onto his small and fragile body, pulling his back to the ground. A loud and pathetic squeak ripped from his beak, catching attention of few other crows who turned around to help him. Some of the bird's managed to reach the exit and somehow fly away from the blue veins. But soon they realized there was no escape, the crack in the floor twisting and running up the walls before reaching the ceiling. And just as they were about to fly outside, the ceiling collapsed and their only way out was cut off.