Three months

"Italics in quotation marks"   = 
the character's thoughts in that moment.

_________________

Atsushi's pov:

It has been nearly three months since Akutagawa made a promise to kill me after the guild mission.   Surprisingly,   I have not seen him at all since that day.   I can't conplain though.

Since then,   I have been training and trying to learn to tame my claws.

After battling up against,  and beside akutagawa,  it made me realize how weak I truly was.  I realized that I will need to improve my skill if I want to stand a chance against him, and other enemies.

______________

Today was another long day at the armed detective agency.   I was almost able to go home with only one small stack of paperwork left to do.

That was until kunikida called for an emergency meeting.

"Ah just great. We never catch a breck do we."  I thought to myself as I collected my things and began to head down the hallway to the meeting room.   I enter the door to see that everyone else had beaten me there.   I took the last seat available next to dazai.  His head was rested down on the table as he goofed off per usual.

"Hey dazai,  why do you think kunikida called this meeting?"  I ask as I sit down. Were I and the other members of Armed Detective Agency sat around the long rectangular wood table,  waiting for kunikida to arrive and explain what was going on.

Before dazai could respond,  kunikida bursted through the door.
"Five whole seconds late." He mumbled to himself as he walked to the front of the room where a large white bord was.   

He looked stressed as he let out a sigh. You could see the darkness beneath his eyes, as he rusled though the file he was holding.
"Thank you all for meeting here."  He began.   "Mr. fukuzawa asked me to gather you all here for this meeting as soon as possible.   Sorry for the short notice."  He said.

"Im sure you all are already aware of the suspicious deaths in Yokohama, brutal, and unexplainable deaths.  Such as this one."  He said,  pinning the front page of a case file we had been investigating into recently,   but we have no leads.   

It was a case on a suspicious death that took place not even a week ago.   A man named ken minoru was found dead in an alleyway.   His skin was burnt to a crisp.  His arm was almost completely sawed off.   
It was revolting.

Kunikida pulled my attention compleaty by bringing up minoru's death.   Even with dazai's annoying behavior next to me.
There had been several deaths similar to minoru's over the past months. I have been called to investigate several of these cases.  Each one was equally brutal.
But none of us were able to find a lead.

Kunikida paused for a moment before continuing.    "The gifted operations division has been investigating into the deaths recently,   and it is believed that the deaths are being caused by the new organization sprouting up in Yokohama."

"The gifted operations division has temporarily nicknamed named it "The masked men."  The members have been seen wearing white masks and clokes.   So far,  that's all we have to go off of...  But at least we have a lead, "   He sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"The description we have been given is that the members have been seen wearing, completely white masks that cover their entire face. Even their eyes and mouths."    He sighed,   looking irritated as he read through the reports from the gifted operations division in his hands.
"The police caught two of the men on video surveillance,  but because of the masks and cloaks they were wearing,  there wasn't much to go off of identify them."  He grumbled before tossing the stack of papers he was holding onto the table.
Sending the papers to spread around the table.