Let's Put On A Show

(I recommend playing the song after you read the chapter. I think the lyrics fit best for how Nyx develops as a character. Also, it's the Maleficent soundtrack so, like, it's gonna be epic LOL)

3rd POV 

The sun spilled through the windows on the Bounty. Lloyd had just woken up and was getting ready for the day. New Serpentine sightings had been spotted at Mega Monster Amusement Park! How could he not go?! That was the one place he's always wanted to go see with Nyx when they read about it in a flyer at their school. He sighed at the thought. The only thing missing would be her. 

Guilt wedged into his heart as the memory of her hanging off the roof reappeared in his mind. He didn't see her fall, but the possibility that she may have not survived haunted him. He prayed she was alright at least, and still living. But....if she was gone......

His hands wiped his face as tears begged to be pourn down from his eyes. Lloyd couldn't bear the pain of losing his one and only friend. She had to be alive. She just had to be! Please....please.....

"Hey pipsqueak! You ready?" Jay called from outside Lloyd's bedroom. Lloyd took a deep breath, and straightened his hoodie. 

"Yeah, give me a sec!" 

After combing his blonde hair and making his bed, Lloyd made his way to the deck to join the others. All of the ninja were standing by the rails. He caught up to them once the Bounty landed safely on the ground near the Amusement park. 

As they traversed the park in search of the snakes they found a group of serpentine soldiers all tied up together. A huge crowd of fangirls and families surrounded the area. 

"Hey! What's going on here?" asked Kai. 

A girl with brown hair and pink glasses faced him with a bright smile. "Oh! You wouldn't believe it! A samurai showed up and took care of those no good serpentine! Just swooped on down like superman and BOOM! Problem solved!" 

"Seriously?" Cole groaned. "Someone else beat us to the job?"

"Looks like it," Lloyd smirked. "You guys really need to train at being faster."

"Hey! We didn't know we had competition!" Jay protested.

Wu walked up calmly to the group of ninja, nibbling at some cotton candy. "Then if there's competition, you all shouldn't be intimidated by it. See this as a way to sharpen yourselves. To push beyond your limits and..... OH A FERRIS WHEEL!!!" The old man sprinted to the ride like a five year old boy in excitement. 

Kai scoffed. "Great! now we'll never get him to leave!" 

"He's not the only one you should be worried about." Cole pointed out as Lloyd was following his uncle to the ride.

"HEY WAIT UP!!"

"LLOYD!!!!!!!"

The boy paid no attention to the teen ninjas. If this was the only time he was gonna be here, he was going to soak in every minute of it. That way, if Nyx was still alive, he'd know all about the best rides and games to take her to. Of course, he'd leave a few he wouldn't try out so that he could at least experience them for the first time with her. 

Nyx.....I hope I can take you here someday.....we'll have the best time ever, 

I promise...... 

Meanwhile

"Everyone, we have arrived at our destination! Please make your way off the train in an orderly fashion!" The conductor opened the doors of the speed train for his scaly passengers to exit. The ride to Ouroborus was a long one, not to mention agonizing when you're stuck sitting next to your captor.