you can't plan your feelings

Start from the beginning

She looks behind the corner of a container, checking if there's any staff there. Just when she's about to go around the corner, she hears voices coming closer. She panics and quickly hides in the container.

It's pitch black and even hotter in the container than outside, causing her to sweat immediately.

"Did they find anything down in the storage rooms?"

"Only an open vent."

"Really? Maybe it was some animal."

"On a ship in the middle of the ocean?"

The voices fades away until they're gone completely.

"Shit."

They know about the vent.
Kiara walks out again, going directly towards the lifeboats. She hunch down, trying to find a way to get the boats off but she's met with lock.

"Fuck, I need keys."

Her breathing starts to get heavier.

"Calm down Kiara.. Calm down.."

Even though she's done stuff like this many times before, she still get nervous and anxious. Which is natural and normal, it's not an usual thing to sneak into places or steal stuff especially at only 18 years old. But Kiara isn't a normal teenager, she has chosen another life, a free life that doesn't contain strict rules and rich privileges. But right now all she wants is to get away from this place. As fast as she can.

She manages to stable her breathing and think clearly. Wiping of some sweat on her forehead.

"Ok. Keys."

Kiara goes inside again, but this time up to the captain's hut.

"It's just a vent."

"It's not just a vent, someone could've sneaked on to the ship!"

Kiara is hiding behind a shelf, listening to what they say. Guess news spread fast on this ship.

"It doesn't matter, go check the crates and containers. Make sure everything's there."

Ward?

"Ok boss."

Two men answers at the same time before leaving the room. Just as they walk past the shelf where Kiara is hiding, she quickly moves out of sight.

Ward heads out, talking on a walkie-talkie. Kiara listens carefully, trying to hear as much possible. But it's hard when he's far away and the sound of water dripping down from some pipes fills the room.

"Listen up. We can't afford loosing... be on your watch. If there's anyone else.. toss them in the... downstairs.."

Anyone else? Is there someone else on this ship? And why is Ward here? Is he behind all the smuggling?

Kiara gets out of her hiding place, looking around to see if she's actually alone. She is.

"Ok, focus. Gotta find the keys."

Kiara looks through drawers, papers and shelves.

"What's this?"

She pulls out a document from one of the drawers with the words "Classified" on top. She opens it and looks through it.

There's a big picture of a gold cross covered in jewels and diamonds. Underneath the picture there's big black letters saying: