Chapter 16

I opened my eyes to find myself facing a very familiar ceiling. The ceiling of my room at Wayne Manor. I felt a little dizzy but managed to clear up my vision after blinking a few times. I raised my upper body from my bed only to be met with another person's presence at my side. 

I couldn't believe who was in front of me right now, staring at me with his slow smile of relief, and I just stared at them with a blank expression. "Y-You're awake!" He fixed his slump posture.

I really must've died because why the hell was Tim here? In front of me? He died..... So why-

"Alfred! She woke up!" he shouted. As if his appearance wasn't enough proof, his voice was identical to Tim's. "Tim.... you-" Before I could get another word out, I made a wrong move and winced in pain from the searing ache in my side. 

"Stop, stop," he grabbed a hold of my shoulders, "Stop moving, okay? It's better if you just lay down."

His physical touch confirmed the fact that he was indeed here. Alive. "You're really here?" I asked with a hushed voice, caused by my dry throat. I must've been sleeping for a while. Tim handed me a cup of water, which I gladly took a sip from. "Tim, h-how is this possible? Bruce told me you died. The drones..... they killed you"

He sighed, probably not the first time he's heard this, "It's a long story. I did die though! Well, sort of" His expression softened, as if he wanted to hide his guilt, "I made all of you worry...." he murmured to himself.

"(Y/N)!" Alfred burst through the door, "Thank the heavens you're alright" He strided towards me. He placed the back of his hand on my forehead, "You don't seem to have a fever"

Wow. He must've been really shocked because he called me by my name instead of "Miss" like usual. Suddenly, the memories of everything that happened before I was knocked unconscious flooded my head. "Wait," I looked towards Tim, "Is Lina, okay? Jason? Bruce? Selina? Damian?"

"Yes, yes, they're okay," Tim answered and then averted his eyes, almost nervously. He was hiding something. The next thing he whispered is what gave it away, "... sort of"

Before I could question that, Alfred barged in, "Master Tim," he turned to him as if warning him to be careful with his words. They're both keeping something from me.

"I know, I know," Tim let out a soft sigh, "Bruce said not to say anything, but Alfred, she deserves to know. Everything." The more Tim was trying to bring their secret to light, the more curious I got as to what they were keeping to themselves.

"We all agree with you, Tim," another voice said. Dick walked in the room with Damian following behind him. "Even Alfred. But I think it will be better if she reads it," he handed me an envelope. I accepted it, almost hesitantly as I didn't know the contents inside.

I'm relieved they're okay. However, the looks on their faces had me worried about the others that I hadn't seen. Did something happen to Jason? Lina? Val? Wait- Val? Why did I say his name?

Right, I heard his voice before being knocked out. Was it really him? Maybe I was hallucinating...

The thought immediately disappeared when Damian spoke, "It's a letter from Todd."

"Oh," was all I could say. Why did I feel like this letter was only going to bring me sorrow? Perhaps because they all made it obvious this was bad news. Perhaps it's because I haven't seen Jason at all since I woke up, and I would assume he'd be the first to check up on me.

They started walking out of the room, to give me privacy I suppose, but they seemed more worried than I was. Damian didn't move and stayed behind.

"Aldaine is awake already. Though she didn't completely lose her memories, she did momentarily lose track of what had happened. This was about a week ago; she is now completely recovered."