Chapter 14

"Lina is currently at the hospital" I broke it out to them.

They both continued to be quiet. They were speechless, or maybe they were trying to confirm if I was lying or not.

Marco looked to be in disbelief and yet steadied his focus on the fly that kept the room from being in complete silence. The odd green fly finally landed on the wall and that's when I realized.

"Marco, wait-" He was about to slap it before it transformed into a human. Startled, Marco took a step back, "What the-!"

Wearing his hero suit, Gar stared back at me like his heart just shattered into pieces. He came back here to spy. I released a sigh, "I guess you didn't buy my lie either"

"Dick told us she was busy working at the bar so we shouldn't bother her..... and you told us she was on a mission.... someone had to be lying..." he spoke in a hushed tone, clearly in pain, not liking what he had just heard.

Then that explains why they ended up here.

"Okay," I crossed my arms, prepared to just surrender and explain everything to all of them, "Tell Jaime to get inside"

He nodded and went to go get him. In the meantime, I explained to Zane and Marco that they were friends of ours. Once Jaime came inside and everyone was ready to listen, I began,

"Lina was hospitalized after an accident on her first mission with the Outlaws. During the fight, her head hit the ground and knocked her unconscious," I looked at Zane, "This happened on the same day I asked you where she was"

"Is she okay? She's not in critical condition right?" Gar started asking.

I shook my head, "No, not anymore. She just needs to wake up from her coma." Upon hearing this, Gar immediately took a few steps back, while Jaime placed a hand over his mouth, along with Marco. Zane was just quietly pondering.

"But," I emphasized, "just recently, she's been moving her fingers, so she could be waking up soon. However, there is still a small risk that she'll wake up without recalling some memories"

The colors on all of their faces drained. Maybe I shouldn't have phrased it that way. "Temporarily," I emphasized, which seemed to have relieved their worries.

"Can we go see her?" Jaime questioned.

I opened my mouth to reply, but immediately closed it shut. How could I let my guard down? I almost forgot Hush was listening.

"No, not today. We can go tomorrow if you're willing to wait." I should leave this day to Jason and not raise any kind of suspicion. Gar looked like he wanted to oppose but he managed to relax.

"Okay...." he pursed his lips.

"Zane? Marco?" I turned to them to see if they'd like to join us as well. They both nodded at the same time.

Afterwards, Jaime and Gar headed out, saying their goodbyes. I think I might've ruined their Boys Day Out plans. Though, I wonder why Damian wasn't with them?

Now that I think about it, he's not the type to be involved in those stuff. He'd rather head home, so that's most likely where he is.

Minutes later, I walked home and found the place empty with the lights still turned off. My mind couldn't stop worrying about Jason but I had to.

I decided to pass the time reading while waiting until patrol. I grabbed a book from the shelf, a book Jason bought but I haven't really had the chance to read.

I was going to open it until my eyes caught a piece of paper sticking out of the shelf. Confused, I grabbed the tab and realized it was a manila envelope. Inside the envelope were ripped up white envelopes and what seemed to be folded papers with written words. Letters from someone. Did Jason write these?