Chapter 8

"It's you, isn't it?"

"Of course, and hello to you too"

"Just tell me what you want" I faintly scoffed.

"I was just wondering.... Do you have your brother's contact? Did you perhaps rename him? Is he the one you call 'Demon'?"

......

Wait....... my... brother?

"What the hell are you talking about? Listen, I don't know what you're scheming right now, but nice try, I don't have a brother"

I could hear laughter over the other end of the call. Don't tell me he's serious. Suddenly the noise disappeared. "Hush?" I never thought the day I'd ever call out to him like this would come, but here I am.

"Oh, you're being serious. You didn't know you have a brother? Wow..... well, since I'm enjoying this, I'll tell you everything I learned about him from someone else's mouth. No need to thank me. Your family history is just very interesting"

"Just get on with it"

"Your brother is three years younger than you, he's 18. I believe he turns 19 this September, I don't know, I wasn't really listening to that part. He's currently attending NYU in New York, and studying law. Ain't that interesting? Must've been because of what your father did to his mother. Anyways, his father is (F/N) (L/N) and his mother is Anna Hill. He's come to Gotham once, but for some reason left and never returned. Apparently now he's searching for you, his half-sister"

I have a half-sibling who is three years younger than me.......

My father slept with someone else when I was around three? Did my mother even know or ever find out?

Probably not, she would've gone crazy if she found out he cheated. That bastard. Hah, as if he couldn't get any worse.

"Who told you this?"

"Now, now.... I can't tell you that"

I scoffed. How did someone else know about this and I didn't? Who are they? And why did they tell Hush? Could it have been the Joker?

"He has been looking for you for about a year now. He probably gave up. Honestly, I thought you'd reunited with him by now, guess not. Must be sad to learn about it now"

A year?! Shoot. Wait.... what if he's like my father? Is it a good idea to meet him? Damn it. I can't worry about this now. I have to get Hush off my radar first. I opened my mouth, "Hey, can we meet in person? There's something I don't understand"

"There's nothing for you to understand"

"There's a beach with a small old stone bridge. I'm sure you're familiar with it. I'll wait for you there at 9 tonight and whether you come or not, I don't care. I need you to clear up something for me just this once"

Truthfully, I was half-lying. Even though there is something I need him to clear up for me, I don't really need him to tell me in person, nor do I want to see him. However, I needed to create an excuse to be near water. This way I can just 'forget' I had my phone and get it wet with water. 

I don't know what he'll do afterwards, but at least it will disable his way of spying on me. Maybe then I can tell Jason about what's happening.

"It will be a waste of time"

Then I heard the door of the house closing. Jason must've come back.

"You decide. Does your curiosity win, or your pride?"

"It's not about pride you bra-"

Then I hung up, and simultaneously, the door to the room opened. Jason looks at me with a faint tired smile, "I called you, but you didn't answer, though I can see why now"