Chapter 13

I quickly ran to call for a nurse or doctor, anyone who crossed my path.

She moved her fingers!

I just saw Lina move two of her fingers simultaneously. This had to mean something. Bizarro was right, she will be waking up soon. 

It was like I could breathe again. If I had known that this would occur today, I would not have let Hush's call last night (Thursday) spoil my mood.

After the doctor came in, I was told that she could wake up sooner than they anticipated. Either today or tomorrow.

I felt relieved. The fear I had of losing her vanished. I needed to tell Jason. So, without a second thought, I used my coins at the nearest phone booth and dialed his number. I could've used the phone Hush gave me, but I didn't want the device to save Jason's number.

Then, I waited for the call to go through. Hopefully, I got the number correct, unless the last digit was a six instead of a nine.

"Hello?"

"Jay?" I smiled, finding comfort in his voice. At least I know I got his number right this time.

"(Y/N)?"

"Remember my phone died? So, I have to call you through here. Anyways, there's something I want to tell you"

"Sure. I'm all ears," he said reassuringly.

I paused for a bit before continuing,  "Let's go on a date"

"....."

"...."

"......"

None of us said anything. It was my first time asking him out on a date. He didn't say a word, and I waited for him to say something. It was the most silent he's ever been and that kind of freaked me out. "Ja...son...?"

Then I heard him clear his throat, "I- uh, woah is everything okay?"

"You don't want to?"

"YES! Yes, I do. It's just you caught me off guard, and you sound really happy. You have good news to tell me, don't you?"

He caught on quickly. "I'll tell you when we meet," I replied.

"Haha, alright. Let's go to the mall first."

"Okay, meet you there"

BEEP

Finally, I'm at ease. Now that Lina is safe, all I have to focus on is getting rid of those bombs, which Jason should have it covered. 

Half-an-hour later, when I met up with him, he was wearing a red t-shirt with brown jeans. Red always looks good on him and he knows.

We spent a lot of time going through the stores. He'd ask me over and over if there was anything I wanted. There were some things he himself liked and didn't buy but I made sure to keep it in mind for future gift ideas.

I'd see him smile and his expression would remind me of when we were kids. He remembered the dessert I liked, the books I read in the manor, the clothes I liked to wear, etc. Did I ever fully express to him that I really missed him when he was gone?

As we were in line to pay for the shoes he wanted, something in me needed to say that I loved him. A lot.

"Jason,"

"Yes?" He leaned a bit closer, attentively waiting for me to continue.

"I...."

'Love you.' That's all you have to say. Love you, just say it. 'I love you.'