Chapter 11

Nothing happened when I woke up. I thought maybe Hush would've appeared in my room to kill me or to ask why I'm not answering my phone.

I made sure that the people watching me could see that I tossed out my phone after trying to switch it on. Just to prevent them from saying that I threw it out without even trying to make it work, I made approximately 20–30 attempts to switch it on. I hope they told him about that.

As I walked to the train station, I tightly clutched the small rectangular object located inside the pocket of my sweater. The hospital was two train stops away, and the station was under the hospital so it was the best way to check for any bombs underneath it.

I arrived at the station a short while later and went to the women's public restroom. It was the precise location to use the device I was carrying despite the foul odor, small puddles, and dirty toilet paper on the floor.

I took out the object and switched it on. It was something Lina had worked on with Bruce to detect any nearby bombs. She gave me this spare on Christmas.

Initializing
Compiling nearby signals... 3%

It was something I kept in a box under the shoe rack in the room. I moved the device around the air, the floor, and the walls. The percentage was going up rather quickly. Could it be that there aren't any bombs here?

This bathroom is almost directly under the hospital, so if there aren't any bombs here, then-

KNOCK

KNOCK

People actually use this bathroom?

"Hi sorry, my kid needs to use the restroom," said a woman's voice from outside.

Initializing
Compiling nearby signals... 89%

I knocked on the door to indicate that I heard her. I waited a few more seconds until the screen changed.

Scan Complete
No signals found.

No bombs here? Either his threat is a bluff, or the bombs are located inside the building itself. If he was able to set up cameras inside, setting up bombs wouldn't be a problem.

I opened the door and saw the woman with her son who was sitting on the floor, probably holding themselves back from peeing. "Sorry for taking long" I stated and walked away to the stairs that led to the streets.

I can only leave this in Jason's hands. I won't be able to bring this device inside the hospital since even 2 or 3 goons follow me inside. Like yesterday, I noticed 2 people following my tracks and making sure I was either going to Lina's room or the restroom.

I know Jay will do well at disarming the bombs since he's an expert at that, but hopefully he'll be able to find them.

Just before I could enter the hospital, a person wearing a hood intercepted my way. "He says to use this to keep in contact." He handed me a phone. Wow, seriously? Does he get information that fast?

Fine whatever. I took the phone and the guy added, "He says you better not have done anything," and we parted ways. Whether or not I did something, it doesn't change anything. Bruce still knows. 

I continued walking towards Lina's room and noticed a nurse standing outside her door. When she spotted me, she smiled, "Hi, are you a relative of hers?"

"Yeah. Is something wrong?"

"No, no. Then you must be (Y/N), right?" She looked down at her clipboard.

"Yeah"

"Great. You see Ms. Aldaine has been giving slight responses like twitching her fingers, which can mean she'll be waking up soon"