Chapter 21 - Emotional Tethers?

"I don't understand this," Scott said while Deaton looked shocked at all three the teenagers.

"I don't believe what I'm hearing," Deaton said while Stiles looked at him.

"What supernatural disaster are we going to face this time?" Stiles asked.

"It's been years since I've encountered with anything of the sort. A strong connection. An emotional tether," Deaton said as Lydia remembered what happened.

Lydia, someone needs to bring you back to earth. Focus. It's someone who has always been able to pull you back. Someone who you share a strong connection with. Like an emotional tether.

Ally, I can't.

Yes, you can Lydia. Focus, okay? Focus on that one person who you have a strong connection with. On that one person who you can't live without. Lydia, focus on the boy you fell in love with in the third grade. I'll see you again. You all will.

Lydia looked at Deaton while Scott could see that something was happening inside Lydia's mind. She was remembering something. Something that was important. Lydia slid off the table, standing on her feet, as she felt her world spin falling into Stiles' arms.

"Yeah, there's no way you're driving home. Scott," Stiles said throwing the keys of the jeep to him.

"I'm driving Lydia's car back home. Throw your bike at the back and go home. I'll get the jeep when I come by later. Come on. Let's get you home," Stiles said as Lydia nodded.

"Scott," Deaton said while Scott looked at his boss.

"It could be that Stiles is Lydia's emotional tether. That he was able to bring her back. Ask her about it. If she heard or felt anything," Deaton said as Scott nodded.

Stiles and Lydia arrived back at her home. Stiles exhaled as he saw how Lydia was just looking out in front of her. He placed his hand on hers as she turned her head looking at him. Lydia looked anxious while Stiles didn't know what was going on in her mind. Lydia leaned over, wrapping her arms around Stiles' body and laid her head on his chest, while she brushed over her hair.

"I don't understand what happened," Lydia said as Stiles exhaled.

"It's okay. You're safe now. Come on. Let's go inside," Stiles said.

Lydia walked into the house while she felt how quiet it had been. Her mother would be away until Friday while Lydia didn't want to be alone. She looked at Stiles as he took her hand rubbing his thumb over her palm.

"Want me to stay?" Stiles asked as Lydia nodded.

"Okay, I'll get started on dinner. You have to be starving. Why don't you go and take a shower? Put on some comfy clothes and then we can watch a movie," Stiles said as Lydia just nodded.

She headed upstairs while she looked at a picture of her and Allison. She knew that somehow her best friend came to her because she had something important to tell her. But, Lydia didn't understand what it was, nor did she understand what Allison had meant with emotional tether. She shook her head as she got into the shower.

"Where is she?" Scott asked entering the house while Stiles pointed upstairs as he was busy chopping cucumber.

"Taking a shower. What is it with Deaton and emotional tether?" Stiles asked.

"We think we may have found out what is really going on," Scott said as he saw how Lydia came down.

"Yeah, now you look better. How are you feeling?" Scott asked as Lydia sat down on the couch.

"Better after the shower. Something happened before I woke up," Lydia said.

"Yeah, you saw Allison and apparently have an emotional tether as well. Deaton's words," Scott said.

"What is an emotional tether?" Stiles asked as he put the knife down and wiped his hands dry.

"Someone who you have a strong connection with. Someone who is able to pull you back," Lydia said as Stiles could see she was zoning out.

"You saved me, Stiles. You pulled me back when I couldn't fight anymore," Lydia said as Stiles shook his head.

"No, Lydia. I'm not a superhero. It must have been Scott with his..."

"When I was unconscious I saw it. I saw myself laying on the table with you and me being the only people in the room. You hovering over me, begging and pleading me to wake up. Allison told me that I had to go back. I couldn't not go back. Because if something happened to me you would be devastated and if I were to die, you would literally go out of your freaking mind. Those words repeated in my head. I remember Ally telling me to focus on that one person that I have a connection with. On that one person that I couldn't live without. On the boy I fell in love with in third grade," Lydia said as Scott smiled.

"We'll see her again, Scott. Until then she's in our hearts," Lydia said as Scott smiled at her.

"Stiles is your emotional tether. Deaton saw it happen. In the 90's when he opened the vet. It is possible. But the connection needs to be strong. Really strong. I don't know anyone with the kind of connection that you guys have. Stiles, you are Lydia's emotional tether. You are the one person able to bring her back. But that also means she can bring you back. So if something ever happens to you, she can pull you back. The connection is hard to get lost and it usually sticks long," Scott said as Lydia smiled at Stiles.

"Hopefully that won't ever be needed," Lydia said as Stiles smiled.

"Yeah, lemme finish dinner. You are probably starving. Scott, you joining us?" Stiles asked as Scott nodded.

"Yeah, Mom is working a double shift again so I am just alone for the night," Scott said.

"What about the two of you stay the night then? I could use with not being alone," Lydia said.

"I don't know about Scott, but I'm not letting you out of my sight," Stiles said as Lydia smiled.

"I'll make some coffee then," Scott said as Lydia smiled, grateful to have friends like hers.

Emotional TethersOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara