Chapter 6 - Formal Dance and Reveals

The weekend had passed. Stiles knew that he didn't see Scott the whole weekend because of how he had dealt with Lydia and her situation. He hated when his best friend acted like he knew what was going on. When in reality he just made a situation worse. Lydia also didn't speak to Scott the whole weekend. She spend her weekend in her room, under her covers while it came to her that she almost got kissed. Stiles Stilinski, her crush since third grade, nearly kissed her. But he backed off. In a way she knew why he had backed off, but she also didn't know for sure. Lydia exhaled. It was Monday. She did spend the weekend locked away in her room but she wasn't sure what she would do when the new week came. She wasn't just unsure what to do about Stiles, but she felt like she was losing her only friends. Lydia jumped out of her bed while she got dressed. She grabbed a pair of black jeans and a red floral top while she pulled on some sneakers. She heard a knock against her door while she rolled her eyes knowing who it was.

"I'm up, Mom!" Lydia yelled as the knocking continued.

Lydia got up and went to the door opening it.

"Mom, I said I'm... Stiles," Lydia said realizing who it was.

"Your mother let me in," Stiles said.

Lydia looked at Stiles biting her lip. He wore plain black jeans and a red hoodie. She tried not to smile but couldn't stop it.

"Do you want to come in?" Lydia asked as Stiles went into her bedroom.

"I thought I would give you a ride to school. I know you usually did that with Scott, but he said you guys aren't talking. You've locked yourself in your room, kinda," Stiles said.

"I haven't been speaking to anyone. Ask my mother," Lydia said.

Realizing what she said, her exhaled and grabbed her backpack, unsure how to act.

"But I would like a ride to school," Lydia said as Stiles smiled.

"Listen the formal on Wednesday. Are you going?" Stiles asked.

"I don't really know yet. Nobody asked me. Not that anyone has me in their radar. Why?" Lydia asked.

"I was wondering if you wouldn't go with me?" Stiles asked.

Yes. Over the weekend he did realize that things with Malia would go nowhere. But he didn't think much about Lydia. The only thing he could think about was their almost kiss.

"Why don't you ask Malia? Won't that work better?" Lydia asked.

She didn't face Stiles. She knew that Stiles liked Malia, but she didn't know how everything would change when she finally admits what she has felt all these years.

"Malia Tate? I heard she's going with Jackson," Stiles said as Lydia looked at him.

"Um, okay, wow. That's a surprise. Jackson never showed much interest in stuff like this. In that way, sure. I don't have snytthat night and my mom will anyway try to make me go," Lydia said.

"There is a catch though," Stiles said as Lydia looked at him.

"What?" she softly asked.

"You need to talk to Scott," Stiles said as Lydia exhaled rubbing the top of her eyebrow.

"We are probably all going with the jeep so I don't want any of us being uncomfortable. Lydia, I know he said something that he wasn't supposed to. Something that you should have told me. But please," Stiles said as Lydia exhaled.

"Okay then. Fine. I'll speak to him. Can we just go?" Lydia asked as Stiles nodded.

Arriving at school, Lydia saw as Scott and Allison stood in front of the school. Stiles looked at Lydia who gave him a 'seriously?' look while they walked towards the young couple. Allison and Stiles walked off while Lydia and Scott stood behind.