Chapter 3 - Mornings With Her

Lydia woke up, feeling two strong arms around her, as she opened her eyes. She had fallen asleep on Stiles' chest while he must have fallen asleep as well eventually. But she didn't know what would happen when he woke up. They were both not in a clear state the previous night. Lydia smiled. She did it. She finally spoke to her crush since third grade, and it was okay. She didn't feel embarrassed about the previous night but indeed afraid of what could happen. She hears as a phone goes off causing Stiles to wake up. He looked at her realizing it was his alarm for school going off.

"Morning," Stiles said, grabbing his phone, and ending the alarm.

"Morning," Lydia said as she smiled at him.

"How long have you been up?" Stiles asked as Lydia slightly scooted aside.

"Not long. I have to head home," Lydia said.

"You don't have to. You can shower here. I have some clothes that will fit you and then I'll make is some breakfast before we go to school," Stiles said.

"Um, okay. That sounds good," Lydia said as Stiles smiled.

"Come on. I'll show you where the bathroom is," Stiles said.

Lydia followed Stiles as he had given her some of his old clothes that looked like it would fit her while she jumped through the shower. Stiles had given her some jeans and a blue flannel shirt. She wasn't a huge fan of anything flannel, but she didn't kind wearing it today. Stiles had gone downstairs to make breakfast and put the coffee machine on when his phone rang. It was his dad.

"Morning, Dad. Where did you disappear to?" Stiles asked.

"Work. Are you still okay at home? Did your friend stay the night?" Noah asked.

"Me and Lydia ended up watching Star Wars and fell asleep yeah. She's in the shower currently. I'm making breakfast and then I'm dropping both of us off at school," Stiles said frying some eggs.

"You guys didn't maybe..."

Lydia was making her way downstairs when she heard Stiles' voice and stopped behind the door.

"No, Dad. We didn't have sex. I barely know Lydia. We fell asleep on the couch. Listen, can I call you back after school?" Stiles asked as he saw how Lydia came into the kitchen holding her backpack that she got from his bedroom.

"Yes. Have a nice day."

"Bye, Dad. Eggs and toast fine with you?" Stiles asked as Lydia nodded.

"Perfectly fine. Can I pour you some coffee?" Lydia asked as Stiles nodded.

"Yes, that will spare me time. Sorry about last night. I'm... I'm not used to being such a wreck. At least not like last night," Stiles said.

"People break down. That's normal," Lydia said.

"You barely know me, yet you had to console me. That's not normal," Stiles said as Lydia put two cups of coffee down at the table.

"I'm just glad you're okay, now. Don't worry about it. I get wanting a parent to be there," Lydia said.

"You are going through it all with your dad being arrested and now I come with my nonsense. It isn't fair," Stiles said putting two plates out while both sat down.

"Let's call it quits then. We both kinda broke down last night and we both barely know one another. Let's take it as a sign that we were meant to be together for the project. Which we actually have to do tonight," Lydia said taking a bite of eggs while Stiles nodded.

"For sure. Let's do it in the library then. We'll be more motivated to work then," Stiles said.

"Good idea," Lydia said.