Chapter 9 - Deaths

Mysteries in Beacon Hills. Ever since Scott's true identity has been revealed to Lydia she has been getting into more and more supernatural issues. Now she and Stiles were stuck in his bedroom trying to solve another mystery that came up to their attention. Stiles looked at the strawberry blonde while his sight was at a different place. Yes. Stiles had now accepted that he felt something for the 15-year-old girl, but he didn't know what it was as of yet, so he didn't say much to her.

"These mysteries are killing me," Lydia said rubbing her eyes.

She was laying on her stomach, on Stiles' bed, while he was at his desk trying to solve the mystery of all of the people that were missing and forgotten. Stiles looked at Lydia knowing the late-night training sessions were killing her more than the actual mysteries.

"Maybe we should lay off the training for a bit. You've been through a lot these last few days, this last month, to be honest. Training can wait a little," Stiles said as Lydia heard voices.

"Lydia, you okay?" Stiles asked as Lydia stood up and looked around the room.

"Something isn't right," Lydia said.

She heard the name Alexander as she picked up her phone. She didn't know why, but she felt like something was happening to her father. Stiles looked at the girl unsure what was going on, but having a feeling it was something banshee related.

"Lydia, what are you still doing up? Tomorrow is a school day and it's past midnight," Noah Stilinski said.

"Can I speak to my father?" Lydia asked.

"No, Lydia. You can't," Noah said as Lydia looked at Stiles.

"Why? What's going on, Sheriff? Why can't I speak to my father?" Lydia asked while Stiles bit his lip.

"Lydia, your father passed away. They found him in his cell an hour ago. I'm sorry," Noah said ending the call.

Lydia slowly lowered her phone, giving away to Stiles what was happening. He moved closer to her. taking her in his arms, as he slowly moved closer and closer. Their bodies touched as Stiles wrapped his arms around Lydia's body. She didn't respond to it. She looked in front of her while she didn't know what to do. She felt like screaming, but knew that this wasn't something that she could do. As reality finally sunk in, Lydia fell to the ground, still holding onto Stiles. He tried to shush her, but knew that he couldn't.

"He's gone," Lydia said through the sobs as Stiles placed his chin on her head, keeping her close to him, as he held her tighter and tighter.

"It's okay. I'm here. I'm here," Stiles said.

But he knew that nothing he could do would console her. She lost her father. Alexander Martin was supposed to appear in court later that week for the murders that he had committed. But somehow the man must have known that it wasn't any use to deny what he had done.

The sun coming down turning into sunrise. Lydia woke up and she found herself in Stiles' arms. She could still remember everything of the previous night and knowing that she had to get up and eventually carry on, she didn't want to yet. She looked at the clock saying 05:45 am while she exhaled. She saw as Stiles' eyes opened and his golden eyes looked into her green ones.

"Morning," he croaked causing Lydia to smile.

"Morning."

"How are you feeling?" Stiles asked, brushing over her strawberry blonde hair.

"I don't know," Lydia said as she slightly moved away from Stiles.

There was a gap between them, it was small, but noticeable. Stiles looked at Lydia, sadness still in her eyes, but she hadn't started to cry yet. He smiled at her while pulling her in close for a hug as he exhaled.