Birthday Surprise (Ymir x Historia)

Historia was in a foul mood. Well, foul was being a bit dramatic, but she definitely wasn't in the best of moods.

She wasn't one to get super hyped up for her birthday, or celebrate a a birthday month or anything, but she would at least like to be acknowledged.

She checked her phone while her students were running around on the playground. Most just texts from hometown friends and from her mom. But she hadn't even heard for heard from her sister.

"Ms. Reiss, Ms. Reiss!"

Caroline was running up to her with her friends in tow.

"Everything ok Caroline?"

She nodded catching her breath. "We made this for you!!"

She presented a paper crown, decorated with stickers and colored with markers.

Historia laughed. "This is so sweet, what's it for?"

"Your birthday! My mom says every girl is a queen on their birthday"

"Put it on!", one of the other girls squealed excitedly.

Historia put on the crown, feeling her face glow with joy. Teaching was hard but moments like made it worth with.

The girls ran off giggling. Historia took a picture and posted it to her instagram story. She also sent a text to her girlfriend.

"Maybe I'll start getting some texts from my friends" she thought.

**********************************************
Ymir felt her phone buzz. She pulled it out of her pocket, seeing a text from Historia.

It was a picture of her with a paper crown on.

"She looks so cute" Ymir thought with a smile. She was resisting texting back something cute, but she had to keep up the facade.

She sent back a simple reply.

Cute

Meanwhile, she was getting ready to leave work. She had taken a half day to get everything ready.

Working as a software engineer had its perks of being able to work at home some days.

"Have a good weekend Ymir" her co-worker called out.

"Thanks you too Franz"

Ymir felt bad for somewhat not acknowledging Historia's birthday.

But she really wanted her to be surprised. Historia had told her how she always wanted a surprise party but her friends were either to lazy to plan one or would give the surprise away early.

For her 25th birthday Ymir was determined to give Historia the best birthday party.

**********************************************
"So where are we going?" Bertholdt asked as he got in the car.

"Well we need to go get the cake, and then go decorate the back room I reserved at the restaurant, and get her presents from the house..." Ymir was trying to go through the list in her mind. "I appreciate your help Bertholdt."

"No problem. I was off today so I needed something to do, plus Historia deserves a stellar birthday party."

"And no one has said anything to her right?"

"Nope or well not to my knowledge".

"Look, we all know Reiner can't keep a secret, remember secret Santa"

"Annie's threat to throat punch him will keep him quite" Bertholdt said laughing.

"Ya know sounds like your fiancée would be better off working as a bouncer instead of a vet tech."