Christmas Wishes 🎄(Hanna x Franz)

It was a busy Saturday in December at the local dog park.

The sounds of yips and yaps was soothing to Hanna. She watched as two golden retrievers played tug-of-war with a rope toy, a very brave Yorkshire terrier trying to wrestle with a lab, and her dream dog; a long haired daschund strutting as if he owned the place.

"Ya know when you asked me to go to the park, I didn't think you meant the dog park" Mina said taking a sip of her iced latte.

"It's still a park, plus there are dogs everywhere what's not to like" Hanna said.

"More of a cat person myself..."

Hanna rolled her eyes.

"Even though being at a dog park without a dog is like being at a playground without a kid....I'm glad you're getting out of the house" Mina said.

"It's not the same...but yeah Franz and I love coming here."

"Why don't y'all just go ahead and get a dog?"

"Well with our work schedules, it's just not possible right now, plus I'm so tied up handling my grandmother estate" Hanna said looking down at her feet.

Mina gave her a sympathetic look. She knew how tired Hanna had been since her grandmother passed 2 weeks ago. Grandma Diament had raised Hanna after her mom passed when Hanna was 2.

Hanna felt like she had lost her mom all over again, and she new that this Christmas was going to be hard.

Hanna was jolted out of her thoughts by a wet nose on her hand.

An Australian-Doodle mix was nudging her hand wanting pets.

"Hi there sweet boy" she said scratching his ears. "Aren't you just the cutest!"

"Toby!" A voiced called out.

A young man with brown came jogging up. "Sorry he's super friendly, hope he didn't bother you"

"Not at all, he's such a sweetheart" Hanna cooed, continuing to rub the dog behind the ears.

"Eren, Toby busy making new friends again?" said a young woman walking up to them.

"Toby doesn't know what personal space means" she said with a laugh. "I'm Mikasa and this is my husband Eren"

"I'm Hanna and this is Mina" Hanna said shaking Mikasa's hand.

"So which one is your fur baby?" Eren asked.

"Uhhh..."

"She just likes to come a dog watch...be careful she's spent time in jail as a dognapper"

"Mina!!!"

"Oh lighten up I'm just kidding" Mina said laughing.

"My boyfriend and I don't have any dogs so this is the best we can get" Hanna said. "I promise I'm not here to steal a dog"

Eren and Mikasa laughed. "Don't worry, Mikasa here teaches self defense classes so I think Toby is safe"

"Well if you ever need a dog sitter..."

"Actually yeah, our normal dog sitter just moved liked 4 states away so let me get your number" Mikasa said pulling out her phone.

******************************************
"Franz I'm home!" Hanna called out setting her keys on the kitchen table. It had been a busy shift at the hospital with flu season being in full swing.

"I'm in the living room" he called out.

Hanna came in to find Franz with a bottle of wine and two glasses.