Eren Rages Against the Machine (Eren x Mikasa)

Mikasa looked at her phone. It had been about 2 hours since she had mentioned to her fiancé that their clothes washer wasn't working right.

Now here she was, watching Eren engaged in a battle of wits with a washing machine and loosing.

As soon as Eren had gotten home from work he pulled out his tool box, which he barely touches, and set to work.

Mikasa had suggested they call a repair man.

"Why?? I can fix it it, it's not like I haven't don't home improvement jobs before", Eren said with a grin, and a confidence that Mikasa felt was a tad misplaced.

The "home improvement project", he changed their air filter. He had be so proud that Mikasa had to stop Armin from telling him it was a "task so simple kid could do".

Eren has also been watching a lot of HGTV, and basically saw himself as one of the property brothers.

Mikasa phone vibrated letting her know that someone had posted one of 2 group chats she was in.

Sasha Springer: "So has Bob the builder figured out what's wrong with the washer yet 🤣"

Sasha was one of her best friends that she had made while at Trost University, they had been randomly assigned as roommates, her and several others from their floor had made a group chat after that first year, and 3 years after the "boss b*tches of floor 3" were still going strong.

Mikasa Ackerman: "no I think he's entered into a staring contest with it, he managed to unplug it & open the tool box...so at this rate, I'll be washing out clothes down by the river.

Sasha Springer: "I bring you a long dress and a bonnet so you can really get the whole 1800s experience"

Mikasa Ackerman: "your a true friend 😝"

Historia Reiss: "you still haven't convince Eren to just call a repair person?"

Mikasa Ackerman: "I've tried he's too stubborn....you know how men can be"

Ymir Reiss: "actually she doesn't 😉"

Historia Reiss: "Ymir!!! You can be pretty hard headed yourself"

Ymir: "yeah but at least I know my talents lol, no offense Mikasa but Eren's never really be much of a DIY kinda person"

Mikasa Ackerman: "none taken lol"

Mikasa put down her phone. Eren was now on a wiki how.

"Eren, how do you expect to fix the washing machine if your not exactly sure what's wrong with it?", she asked.

"I know what's wrong with it." He said definitely.

"So what is it then?"

"Don't you have like wedding stuff to be doing, like flowers or dresses", he grumbled.

Mikasa's engagement ring caught her eye. "Eren I picked out my wedding dress 3 months ago", she said with a laugh. "Remember you were so eager to see it that you tried to bribe Sasha with an Outback gift card for her to show you a picture"

Mikasa phone vibrated again

Sasha Springer: "Connie said he would be more than happy to come fix the washer....as a pre wedding gift".

"Eren, Sasha said Connie can come fix it".

Connie was good at home improvement projects, after losing his dad at a young age he felt like he needed to be able to be a handy man.

"No I got it!" he snapped, catching Mikasa a bit off-guard.

Mikasa sat down beside Eren, "Eren....what's got you so upset....it's just a washing machine...it's not a big deal if we can't fix it". She said softly.

Eren let out a big sigh, and turned to Mikasa. "I....I just want to be able to save as much money as we can."

Mikasa looked a bit puzzled, "Eren we're doing fine financially, tell me what's really bothering you".

"Mikasa you deserve the wedding of your dreams, and the best honeymoon, and the best husband who can fix anything", Eren said, "I want to fix this on my own because I want to have the money to give you your dream wedding and to show you I am capable of being the best husband".

Eren looked at Mikasa, his eyes a bit glassy.

Mikasa sat for a minute, stunned, she knew Eren had insecurities, it didn't help that their friend Jean would tease him about being a "momma's boy" even thought it was in good fun, and in Mikasa's opinion Jean was a bigger momma's boy than Eren.

"Eren....", Mikasa placed her hand on his cheek. "You have been and will be the perfect person for me". "You don't need to prove anything to me or anyone else, if I didn't think you were my soulmate I would have said yes, I love you so much and no matter of handy work skills will change that."

Eren looked at Mikasa, and pulled her in into a deep hug. Mikasa kissed him on the cheek, and he nuzzled himself further into Mikasa's neck.

"I love you too Mikasa", Eren said, a bit muffled.

After a few minutes of just holding each other, Eren pulled away from Mikasa, "do...do you think that Connie could come fix the washer?"

Mikasa smiled and gave Eren a kiss. "How about he teaches you how to do it".

Eren smiled, "sounds like a plan"

Mikasa pulled out her phone.

Mikasa Ackerman: "@SashaSpringer so is that offer for Connie's handyman services still available?"

Sasha Springer: "does Eren still have those Outback gift cards lol?"

Mikasa Ackerman: "how about I order pizzas instead...fair trade 😂"

Sasha Springer: "Deal we will be there in about 30ish mins. Remember Connie loves sausage and pepperoni pizza 😁🍕"

"They coming?" asked Eren.

"Yeah they are coming....so I gotta go order their bribes...I mean pizza", Mikasa said with a laugh.

Eren watched her walk out of the laundry area, and smiled, and felt a warmth in his chest.

He truly was the luckiest guy around.

He got up, and took one last look at the washing machine, giving it the finger as he left the laundry area.