thirty-three | joey's in love

THE ONE WHERE JOEY'S IN LOVE

EPISODE TWENTY-ONE.

Exhausted after work, Zara, Rachel, and Monica were together in the apartment. Zara sat at the table, finishing up marking some of the children's work that day to hand back to them in the morning.

"Can you believe he just offered me a restaurant?" Monica questioned.

"What a jerk," said Rachel. "Want me to kick his ass?"

"I mean, Pete is a millionaire," Zara reminded her friend.

"I mean, this has been like my dream since I got my first easy bake oven and opened easy Monica's bakery," Monica told them. "I mean, I would kill for this job. I mean, I can totally do this job. And God knows, I've paid my dues."

With that, Monica removed her fake stuffed boobs.

"But Pete's just doing this because he has a crush on me."

"And you're still not attracted to him at all?" Rachel asked.

"No," Monica answered. "I mean, how can I accept a restaurant from him? I-I can't. I couldn't even accept a necklace from Stu Vincent in the seventh grade."

"But, Mon, that was totally different," Rachel reminded her. "He was your health teacher."

Monica scoffed, gently tapping Rachel's side as she cried out in pain.

"What, honey?" Monica questioned.

"What's wrong?" Zara asked, concerned herself.

"My side still hurts," said Rachel. "From when you crashed into me yesterday."

"Oh God, I'm so sorry," Monica said, hugging her friend, which only resulted in Monica hurting Rachel more.

"Hey, you guys," Ross greeted, coming into the apartment. "Guess what?"

"I don't know," said Zara, unable to look away from his awful white suit with a red bow tie. "You have a date with Mary Poppins?"

"Nope," Ross said.

"Got a job on a riverboat?" Rachel guessed next.

"You know what?" Ross said, unimpressed with them. "I didn't wear this suit for a year because you hated it. Well, guess what? You're not my girlfriend anymore, so..."

"Oh, I see," said Rachel. "So this suit is making a point. Now that you're on your own, you're free to look as stupid as you'd like."

"You guys like it, right?" Ross questioned.

"Better the white suit than a goatee," Zara mumbled, thinking of Chandler's new look, which Zara truly hated — if they were still together, then the goatee would be gone.