twenty-nine | smothered feelings

♡

THE ONE WITH SMOTHERED FEELINGS.
EPISODE THIRTEEN.

"You know you have work right?" Joey told Zara.

Looking up from her laptop, her eyes fell on him. "I do, hence the flowers on my dress."

Zara's hair had grown to the point that she could get it into a ponytail again, so she was back to wearing scrunchies to wear with her work uniform.

"Then why are you writing?" Joey questioned.

"For inspiration," said Zara. "Mainly notes from my dreams or thoughts."

"You know, I wonder what would happen if you wore leather to class," Chandler said.

"Zara's boots deserve better than a class of six-year-olds," Rachel decided.

"The kids love my looks," Zara told them. "So do the parents."

"Oh, I'm sure the dads would love the leather," Chandler reassured.

Zara smirked at him. "Don't forget the moms."

But, they both knew she meant her bright and fun daytime looks.

Chandler started pouring himself two glasses of milk before he was rummaging through Monica's cupboards with Zara reminding him not to mess anything up. Of course, she needed to get going soon, but her laptop was now closed, and Zara was organising the marked homework she had brought home last night.

"Yeah, baby," Chandler announced.

"What are you doing?" Ross asked.

"Making chocolate milk," Chandler told them. "You want some?"

"No thanks, I'm twenty-nine," said Ross.

"Luckily, I'm only twenty-five," Zara said. "I'll have one."

"Already made you one," Chandler announced, offering Zara a smile as he squeezed some of the chocolate sauce into the second glass.

There was a tiny smile on Zara's face that she tried to hide as she gratefully accepted the drink, touched that Chandler still knew to do little things like that. For someone who didn't think he was good when it came to women, Chandler unconsciously knew how to get into someone's heart.

Phoebe came in then, where everyone was eager to greet their friend.

"Look at you," said Joey, noticing the skates in her hand. "Since when do you rollerblade?"

"Oh, since tomorrow," Phoebe replied. "I met this really cute guy in the park. And he like, you know, jogs and blades and swims and so we made a deal. He's going to teach me how to do all sports or jock stuff."