two | zara quits smoking

♡

THE ONE WHERE ZARA QUITS SMOKING.
EPISODE TWO.

"What you guys don't understand is," said Monica from where they sat in the coffee house with a division between the girls and boys. "For us, kissing is as important as any part of it."

Joey scoffed. "Yeah, right." The four girls shot him a look that caused Joey's grin to fall. "You serious?"

"Oh, yeah," Phoebe agreed.

"Everything you need to know is in that first kiss," added Rachel.

"Absolutely," Monica said.

"Unless your drunk," Zara said, crossing her arms. "Then you lose your ability to read that first kiss, apparently."

"Yeah, I think for us kissing is pretty much like an opening act, you know?" Chandler said, speaking for the boys. "It's like the stand-up comedian you have to sit through before Pink Floyd comes in."

Zara scrunched up her nose.

"Yeah, and it's not that we don't like the comedian," added Ross. "It's just that that's...that's not why we bought the ticket."

"The problem is, though, after the concert's over, no matter how great the show was, you girls are always looking for the comedian again," Chandler finished. "I mean we're in the car, fighting traffic. Basically, just trying to stay awake."

"Yeah, well, word of advice," Rachel told them. "Bring back the comedian. Otherwise, next time you're going to find yourself sitting at home listening to that album alone."

Monica and Rachel high-fived as Zara pressed her lips together tightly to hide her growing smirk.

Joey looked to Ross. "Are we still talking about sex?"

"Honey, adult conversation," Zara told him in a sweet voice that she used with the children in her class.

Zara stood on the balcony, smoking after another day of work. Her leather jacket was worn over her lilac jumper with her fingers stained with paint. They had painted fish today, as well as counting them and then dividing them into groups of numbers and colour.

Inside, everyone was hanging out, including Joey Tribbiani. The two avoided what had happened that second night since moving in, deciding it was best to just forget about it, but that meant that Zara hadn't stopped terrorising him.

Now, Zara jumped at the sound of pounding on the glass, where she turned to see Chandler pointing out of the window. Looking, Zara knew exactly what he was pointing at as her eyes fell on the ugly naked guy, who now had a thigh master. Pulling a face, Zara threw her cigarette butt over the balcony before heading inside.