five | new years kiss

♡

THE ONE WITH A NEW YEARS KISS
EPISODE NINE

The worst time of the year had fallen upon them: Thanksgiving.

At work, Zara forced a smile as she encouraged a happy atmosphere for her classroom. However, away from the children, she spent her time constantly moaning about the ridiculous holiday.

"Only $98.50 to go," Rachel mumbled behind them, trying her hardest to get enough money together for her holiday plans.

"Hey," said Monica, entering the coffee house as they all greeted their friend. "Ross, did you know that mom and dad are going to Puerto Rico for Thanksgiving?"

"That sounds like my kind of holiday," said Zara.

"Amen to that," Chandler agreed, peering over her shoulder as he read the latest chapter Zara was working on.

"No, they're not," Ross replied to his sister.

"Yes, they are," Monica insisted. "The Blymans invited them."

"You're wrong," said Ross.

"I am not wrong."

"You're wrong."

"No," said Monica, agitated. "I just talked to them."

Ross closed his magazine. "I'm calling mom."

"I like Milo," Chandler laughed next to Zara. "He's funny."

Zara stopped typing, eyes sliding to Chandler as she didn't want to tell him that Milo was based on Chandler. In fact, all of Zara's friends had found their way into Zara's book — though, more middle-grade appropriate versions.

"Hey, hey," Joey then came in, greeting them.

"And this from the cry-for-help department," said Chandler, eyes falling on his friend. "Are you wearing makeup?"

"Yes, I am," he announced. "As of today, I am officially Joey Tribbiani actor slash model."

Zara's eyes snapped to Joey, noticing that he was wearing makeup. His cheeks had a rosy hue, eyelashes darker with mascara. "Aw, Joey, you look great."

"That's funny 'cause I was thinking you looked more like Joey Tribbiani, man slash woman," Chandler replied.

"What were you modelling for?" Phoebe asked.

"You know those posters for the city free clinic?"

"Wow!" Monica said. "So you'll be one of those healthy, healthy, healthy guys?"

"You know, the asthma guys really cute," Phoebe commented.

"Do you know which one you'll be?" Chandler asked Joey.