thirty-two | back to normal...

THE ONE WHERE IT'S BACK TO NORMAL

EPISODE NINETEEN.

Zara was dating — and by that, she meant she was distracting herself until any feelings for a certain two vanished. Most of all, it stopped Zara from making any more foolish mistakes.

"Oh, there you are," said Phoebe as Zara closed the front door, finding Phoebe, Ross, and Chandler sat together, crashing their place. "How was your date?"

"Really good," Zara told them, removing her coat as she hung it up.

"Is that why you're back early?" Ross questioned.

Zara's head turned to face him with a scowl. "It was really good."

Maybe it was obvious it was a lie, and her friends seemed to know her tactics now, but Zara didn't want to talk about it any further. Instead, she disappeared to her bedroom to drop off her bag, wishing she had thought to stay out a bit longer.

But the distraction was on Monica, who had returned from her date too.

"How'd the date go with Mr Millionaire?" Ross asked.

"Yeah, tell us," Zara said with a grin.

"Mr Millionaire, new from snooty playthings," Chandler said. "Third wife sold separately."

"He's great," Monica told them, coming over to the living area. "I mean, we have such a good time together. He's so funny and so sweet and I'm not attracted to him at all!"

"Still?" Ross questioned.

"No," said Monica. "It's driving me crazy. In every other way, he's like the perfect guy. He has everything. Plus, he actually has everything."

"I wonder what that's like," Zara murmured.

"Life-sized imperial storm troopers from sharper image?" Chandler questioned.

"Two," Monica told him.

"Wow," Chandler sat up at that. "Can Joey and I put them on and fight?"

"Oh, mommy!" Joey came in after that. "Oh, daddy! I am a big old daddy!"

That caused Zara's eyes to fall on him, wondering why she was finding it so hard to stop liking Joey Tribbiani, especially as he continued dancing, repeating the same words, and then he was closing the front door.

"I guess he must have gotten that part in that play," Ross said.

"Either that or Gloria Estefan was right," said Chandler. "Eventually, the rhythm is going to get you."

Even if the attraction wasn't there, Monica was still trying. If Pete was invited to hang with them, then it obviously meant it was something. Plus, Zara was now intrigued too, practically buzzing as Pete had asked for a few advanced copies of Zara's book (for himself and his nieces and nephews).