Part 19

Stupid, stupid, stupid idiots.

She was so fucking sick of all these stupid men deciding for her. So fucking sick of it.

Granted, Gabriella wished she had thought it all through before she walked away, but really, she regretted nothing.

Now, she was sitting outside on one of the stone benches facing the ridiculously useless garden the family had. Sebastien had picked her up - but she gave him a piece of her mind. So there went that ride.

She also told Niccolo and Vincent to shove it so...

Maybe she could call Lucas?

Damn it. She really didn't want to ask any of them anything.

Like who the fuck even asked Sebastien to fucking get engaged and involved in his family business? Seriously. Did he think she would be swoon and forget everything? He wasn't honest with her from the start and he made decisions for her.

There was no getting back that trust.

Sure, she asked him for a few favors, and she used them - but honestly, everybody else had been using her. She was tired of it. She wanted to make her own damn decisions. Every time she took a step forward, she ended up taking two steps backward.

Did she want to owe Vincent a favor? No.

Was it good she didn't have to become anyone's sex slave? Sure.

But did she ask? Did they wait and see if she could get her own damn self out of it? No. And No.

"Kind of an abrupt escape for someone who made such a grandiose exit."

Of course.

Niccolo.

Everyone got the message and left her alone.

But he couldn't help himself. He never could.

"Oh look, it's my white knight in shining armor, coming to rescue me, the poor damsel in distress."

"So you do have a way back?"

Fucker.

"I'll walk."

"You know where you're going?"

"I used to come here a lot."

He chuckled. "Yeah. I know."

Gabriella turned her head to finally look at him. He was standing behind her, his arms crossed in front of his chest with that stupid smirk of his. Like he had won or something. But he hadn't.

"Why are you the only one who can't get a fucking hint?" Everybody else was leaving her alone - even though this was their house. "Pissing me off turns you on or something?"

"I do like you feisty."

Gabriella clicked her tongue against her palate. "Seriously, Niccolo. Read the fucking room."

Eventually, she would have to talk to him. She was stuck with his dumbass and he had her mother and brother somewhere. But could he give her time to be fucking pissed at him for acting like a dumb caveman?

"I don't know what you're so pissed about."

Alright, that was it. Enough!

She jumped to her feet and turned around to look at him. "Are you serious? Did you even hear a fucking word I said? You don't know why I'm pissed? Really?"