𝟑𝟐

CHAPTER 32
- RIPPED AND MUDDY DRESS

"Great, I have an announcement to make." Maria said sternly.

Aurora furrows her eyebrows, if Maria wasn't very happy about something, it must mean that Aurora will hate it even more.

Daniel places a hand on her shoulder and grips it harshly.

Keisha and Mateo were no where to be found, and the screams of the man weren't heard anymore, there was no escape. She was alone.

Maria takes a deep breath, looks to her right to see her husband and turns back to Aurora.

She clears her throat.

Aurora suddenly couldn't handle all the tension in the room.
"Anything wrong, mother? Father?" She questions each of them with a worried look.

"We.. well.. have decided something for you." Her biological mother explained tensely. Aurora had never seen her that stressed out in her entire life.

"We want you to get engaged."

Aurora furrows her eyebrows in confusion. What happened to being an independent, strong woman?
But then, she realised.

"You don't think I'm good enough on my own." Her voice cracks with tears in her eyes, her vision blurry.

"Well, you're not strong enough to have a stable future all alone, principessa!" Daniel suddenly says as Aurora's jaw dropped. Even her dad didn't support her, her dad who has been there for her for as long as she can remember..

"Enough Daniel." Maria says through gritted teeth and a side eye.

"What makes you think that that man is good for me? Unless if it doesn't matter of course." Aurora bursts as she thinks that she's far too young to get married, she only eighteen after all.

"Because you already know the man." Maria says calmly.

Aurora stays silent, waiting for her to continue.

"You're marrying Mateo."

𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹

Aurora places her hands on her knees to try to breath properly, panting. Her lungs were on fire, her eyes were full of tears and her head felt so light she genuinely thought she was about to pass out, not to mention she smudged her mascara all over her face.

She still had her dress on, it was dirty and ripped almost everywhere. Her hair, on the other hand, looked like a bird's nest.

As soon as she was able to breath at a normal pace, she takes a deep sigh, looks around her to make sure she isn't being followed, looks at the gate in front of her and climbs over it.

She drops on the floor with a thud as her knee painfully scrapes against a pebble.

Grunting, she gets up and stares and the door right in front of her, thinking she can go back to the castle and all the problems will be avoided.

Shaking her thoughts of abandoning away, she steps forward and after mentally encouraging herself, she walks faster.

The door was all black, just black, apart from the doorknob, which was golden. The colours matched the house perfectly. The walls were all dark with a few hints of gold around the windows and the roof was tall and tower-like. It looked like a dark castle.

Aurora doesn't knock. She immediately turns the doorknob, at to her pure satisfaction, the door opens smoothly and silently.

The vast and black themed hallway in front of her seemed to be never ending.