𝟐𝟑

CHAPTER 23
- CAN YOU UNZIP MY DRESS, PLEASE?

Aurora had probably drank far too much alcohol.

Some buzzing was constantly ringing in her ears while she felt dizzy. Her vision was completely blurred and the young woman could barely walk.

"Aurora.. enough.. home." A distorted female voice said with worry shining in her eyes.

The princess could see a tall black man next to her with furrowed eyebrows.
"Where is Romeo?" He asks Keisha, not accepting to let the two girls wander off alone.

The princess' friend explains that he had work to do, Abraxar nods.

Aurora had no idea how she ended up in front of a dark door. She couldn't even remember walking til the place, so, her head spins to the side, trying to understand what just happened.
"Huh?" She blurts out in a voice that didn't really seem like hers.

Slightly startled, Aurora realises that her two friends were by her side the whole time.
"Oh.. haha.. didn't see you guys here. I bet you didn't see me too, I'm John Cena." She says with a giggle, causing Abraxar and Keisha to exchange worried looks.

"We're fucked." The young woman mutters to the man, who nods with wide eyes.

The bartender brings his knuckles to the door and knocks confidently. Cursing under his breath, he realised that Romeo couldn't possibly hear it because of the loud music that was booming loudly.

"Don't be such a pussy." Keisha says before pushing the door open without any warning. Three seconds later, she walks backwards and looks at her two friend with pure fright in her wide eyes.

Aurora giggles and pushes the door wider before her face dropped, and Abraxar, who was right behind her, had exactly the same reaction.

Romeo was right ahead of them with a gun in his hand. His gaze was dark and filled with pure hatred while an old white man seemed scared. The weapon was pointed at his forehead, menacing to kill him at any moment.
"Rape isn't welcome here. It's either respect or death." He announces a second before the guy falls to the ground with blood spilled all over him.

Visibly just realising that the door was open, Romeo's head shoots towards it and scowls at the view of three petrified people.
"What the fuck are you guys doing here?" He snaps furiously while he places his deadly object on the desk beside him. 

"Um.. so.. Aurora is kinda wasted." He simply says while pointing at the woman, who lets out another giggle, not comprehending her surroundings.

"Alright. She can stay with me. Abraxar, go back to work and thanks for making sure she's safe. Keisha, well, do whatever but make sure you're not alone." He demands, acting as if he didn't just commit a murder in front of their eyes, before extending a hand to grip hers, pulling her away and placing her on the desk chair.

Abraxar, who knew about the mafia so he didn't have a particular reaction, nods and Aurora's friend looked unsure. Suddenly, her face grows red and her fists ball together.
"You really think I'll trust you with her? You just killed someone! I'm going to call the police." She exclaims in rage as tears start forming in her eyes.

Romeo furrows his eyebrows and a glint of realisation passes in his eyes, he just understood that she didn't know anything about their secret.