𝟏𝟕

CHAPTER 17
- THE HOME SCENT

The landing of the airplane was what brought joy to Aurora. Her heart was fluttering in excitement to see her father again, and she was hoping that he wasn't too worried for her, because the last time he saw the young woman, a murder was commit. It is true that killing is something ordinary for mafia members, but a traditional rule during the Christmas ball was always, and will remain, to not bring weapons, in other words, not to physically attack someone.

Whoever dared to disrespect the rule will simply be kicked out of the ball forever, and chances of death are high. In effect, the mafia members are evidently  regaled when they have an opportunity to kill someone.

Aurora could hear people move around her, probably packing up their bags, to get prepared to exit the plane. Romeo was beside her, and by the corner of her eye, she could faintly see him looking at her.

She huffs and uses her arms as support while she bends, kneeling down the bed, intending to fetch her luggage, which was situated right under it.

Her bottom was sticking out more than ever and, to her pure exhaustion, her bag was way too heavy, it wouldn't budge.

"Nice ass." Romeo suddenly says, clearly not caring of how sudden his words burst out of his mouth.

Aurora doesn't answer to not give the boy the satisfaction. He was probably waiting for a reaction.

After not even three seconds of pulling with all her muscles to budge the suitcase, which still didn't want to move, she give up and straightens herself.

She was now sitting on the bed, with her back facing Romeo. Aurora rolls over and yelps when she feels a solid figure right under her.

She didn't know how or when, but Romeo managed to slip under her. She was right on top, with her hands on each side of his head, out of surprise.

The boy that she wanted to slap endlessly smirks, teasing her.

'Game on.' She thought to herself, feeling evil.

Her hips were lying on his, but a second later, she lifts them and starts grinding against him slowly.

"The fuck are you doing?" He exclaims, visibly panicked.

She smirks the same way he did not even two seconds ago and starts going faster, earning a groan from him. His hands suddenly snake through her waist to stabilise her but nothing would do, she was still continuing.

"For God's sake Aurora Duclaire." He moans in a low voice, and suddenly, she freezes:

Something was poking from beneath her.

𖦹𖦹𖦹𖦹

Aurora still managed to keep a 'I don't care about you' expression when Mateo kept on staring at her through the rear mirror. It seemed like he was feeling the same, but he clearly felt weak. Mateo never appreciated being seen as a low person. Now that Aurora sees him as garbage, or that was what she was trying to make him think, the guy in question wanted to get buried six feet underground.

But it didn't change the fact that Mateo was furious, outraged even, at the view of the girl on someone he hates's lap.

Some sort of feeling was creeping up his stomach when he saw the scene, an odd feeling he never felt before. He wanted to kill Romeo, to torture him so badly he will start begging for death, he wanted to see his face covered with blood and bruises inflected by him and him only.