𝟏𝟏

CHAPTER 11 -
SILENCE TREATMENT

The days started passing rather slowly to Aurora's taste.

She would spend most of her time in the library just a few blocks away from the hotel, beaming at the fact she can start reading books again.

Her nose sinking in the old scent of thousands of pages while her mind travels to a new fantasy everyday, even the librarian knew her name, and they would have a small chat daily, starting to become friends. Aurora found out that the boy's name was Henry, a guy with thick black glasses and an old vintage style, complimenting his splattered freckles and untidy hair.

The book she was currently digging in, her favourite of all by now, happened to be a romance book with guaranteed spicy scenes at each chapter.

The two souls in the story hated each other deeply, but one night at a dance, the guy decided to catch her attention and they were inseparable since then.

The first time that Aurora read those lines, she immediately snapped the book closed, causing a loud 'bang' sound from the pages touching each other with such violence. The story seemed way too realistic, she thought with rage, why can't they simply write a book that nobody could relate to?

Her insomnia became even worse than before, if that was even possible, because of how much she would sink her nose in the new romance world she found lying on a random bookshelf. Her hand was practically petting the reliure of every leather-covered book, trying to find the perfect one, and thankfully, or unfortunately, she came across the one that caused her sleep to be nonexistent.

She was currently sitting on a red bean bag, her novel wide open on her legs. She fell asleep in the middle of a love sentence with her hand resting on her jawline, sleepy eyes battling not to close once again, a messy bun exploding on every side and a huge dirty grey hoodie being the cherry on the top.

The girl's mouth opens wide as she started feeling saliva dripping out slowly, the emerald green eyes of the innocent girl slowly losing the fight, connecting her lashes together while she drifted in a peaceful and well-deserved sleep.

Her eyelids bat open rather quickly as Aurora heard a nearby voice saying something.
"Aurora? You fell asleep? Again?" The sound calling her says.

She turns her head to the left and jolts at the view of Mateo right next to her.
"Mateo." She simply says, drowned of any energy or motivation.

"Come on. Let's go back to the hotel."

She barely feels his hand wrap around her wrist, dragging her to stand up, causing the book to fall on the floor with a loud 'bang'.

Her eyes half-closed, she could still see Mateo bending down to reach the novel on the ground. His fluffy, almost black, did a small jiggle when he got up from his crouching moment.

Aurora didn't even realise that her sleepy eyes were closing again.

"Seriously, she's not in good health, and because of who?" An accusing tone suddenly says loudly, making Aurora wake up with a jump, terrified of the sudden sound.

"Whasappening?" She asks quickly, redressing her position in a sitting one.

She was lying on the cushion textured, king sized bed of the hotel. She just knew that her hair was completely crazy, not even daring to look at herself in a mirror, because of the looks Mateo and Romeo both gave to her when they noticed the shape of her hair.