Episode Eight

After receiving the key to one of the many rooms that the inn provided, both the Emperor and the Advisor decided to turn in for the night.

They were too exhausted from their long journey which was almost complete.

There were two guards stationed outside their bedroom door, protecting them from unwanted guests.

This allowed them to sleep without any conflict that could erupt from their peaceful sleep.

They would not be vulnerable to strangers that wish to do harm, especially to his majesty.

The Emperor struggled to drift off.

He could not fall asleep at all.

He blamed both the firm bed that was uncomfortable, and his Advisor who was way too close for comfort.

He could feel his cold heart pound against his chest from the proximity of each other.

His thoughts ran wild with explicit images of the man beside him.

He could not help it at all.

It made him question reality.

He felt like he was going mad with lust, knowing his Advisor was only inches away from where he slept.

They had to share the shabby bed; due to only having one available for the night.

They valued their sleep instead of comfort, as a result, they took the room without complaint.

The Emperor was now starting to regret his decisions.

He could feel each rustle that his Advisor made in his sleep as he turned, inching closer and closer to the Emperor in a deep slumber, unaware of his actions.

It was nearly impossible for the Emperor to get a hold of his own thoughts that seemed to erode his brain till there was nothing left but a shell of what was once a brilliant mind.

The Emperor tensed when he felt his Advisor cling to his arm.

He gulped nervously from the sudden action that he was not expecting.

He could feel his Advisor's breath on his neck, turning him into a flustered mess.

He was never like this.

His Advisor made him do things that he would never do if it were someone else.

His Advisor was different and he did not know how to comprehend that.

He would give him the world if he could.

The Emperor's eyes traced lower when he noticed the lack of coverage that exposed his soft-pale skin.

His Advisor's attire had slipped off his shoulder during his deep slumber, showing his toned chest to the whole globe.

Dirty thoughts consumed his being and he wished that he could act upon them; however, he had morals even though he is deemed a monster by society.

He wished he could act upon his desire to keep the Advisor for himself but he knew it was a false hope.

He did know that he had to control himself; otherwise, he would be left with nothing but regret.

It felt like hours of him begging the god to grant him sleep.

Darkness soon overtook his weary body.

He was met with pure nothingness until the nightmares like any other night one repeat.

..........

The morning soon arose, waking the two individuals from their beauty sleep.