Episode Six

A week had passed since the arrival of the uninvited guest and the Emperor avoided her like the plague after their meeting ended on a poor note.

 He felt that any interaction with the woman was unnecessary until they completed their vows, tying them together till death takes hold of them by sending them to an internal slumber.

 Hopefully, that will not be soon. 

After their vows, he could play the role of a perfect partner to please Princess Fu in order to secure his kingdom's safety from the looming threat of war.

He would play the role that his Advisor bestowed upon him; however, there was still time before they would form the contract that would forever bind them into a marriage that he did not wish for. 

He did not want to tend to her every whim until he had to physically; as a result, he had his servant do it in his place.

 He ordered them to treat her with the utmost care and make her feel like she was in her homeland. 

He could not let anything bad happen.

 He did not want her to get cold feet by running away and ruin his Advisor's plan, preventing years of peace in the process because of her selfish vendetta that she seemed to have from previous events that conspired within the palace walls.

He did not really pay her any attention.

 His mind has been occupied by something else that has intrigued him.

 In a few days, the full moon will soon rise from the darkness that consumed its core, lighting up the world from below.

 The mysterious musician will make his appearance, enchanting the beloved crowd that always formed around him, wanting to hear his blissful tune on the Erhu. 

That will be the time when the Emperor will strive to acquire the ghost of a former man forever playing his sympathy underneath the moon's glory.

The Emperor did not trust those around him to accomplish a task that he deemed crucial. 

He decided he would personally search for the mysterious musician that only appeared once a month.

 If rumors were true then the man could be dangerous.

 Spirits are known to be cunning creatures. 

They can cause havoc and destruction in their wake without a second thought.

 They can be too consumed by the urge to get revenge that they prey on the innocent, classifying them as evil for the way they died...a senseless, tragic death stained with hatred and blood.

 Consumed with the thoughts of pure malice for those who did them wrong in the land of the living.

They breathed an essence filled with hostility and negative emotions.

 They would hide in plain sight, waiting for the perfect time to bare their fangs, becoming a mastermind of their own demise. 

It would be a miracle if a normal human survived being in the presence of a spirit.

 They are hard to deal with; as a result, only the best cultivators could tackle such tasks. 

That is why the Emperor chose to go himself to prevent a vicious cycle of unnecessary death from occurring. 

Years of cultivation have prepared him to take on anything that posed a threat to his empire.

 He was well-trained to deal with the supernatural; therefore, he was the perfect candidate to vanquish the spirit if he was in fact hostile.