Episode Three

"Marriage! What do you mean by marriage?" The Emperor expressed in pure malice that was directed toward his advisor was located at the bottom of the platform. 

He had sprung up from the comfort of his throne without realizing he had done so after his little outburst that left the room stunned. 

He was too caught up in the moment to take notice of his actions and his surroundings. He could feel a wide range of emotions filter throughout his body.

 He could feel rage consume his being to the brink of destruction.

He had an overwhelming urge to squish his Advisor like the low-born insect that he was for making an insane remark in his court; however, he had to retrain himself from doing so.

 It was a miracle in the making that the Emperor did not harm his one and only true friend for a trivial matter like this one.

 He was just not fond of the idea of marriage since it will only tie him down with responsibility he had no time for. 

It truly was an accomplishment that no harm was done to the Advisor.

 If it were anyone else their head would have been detached from their body, laying in a puddle of their blood.

The twelve great officials eyed their Emperor from afar, hesitant about what will happen due to the future being unforeseen.

 They learned from past experiences that the Emperor is a ticking time bomb when provoked. You never know what may happen. 

They all feared for their own safety at the sudden movement made by their lordship that caught them all off guard.

The officials could tell that he was very displeased at the notion of marriage. 

He always rejected advances from noble women within his kingdom because he does not believe in having his own harem, much less being tied down and forced to commit to something he has no interest in. 

The officials felt like they were walking on eggshells, trying their best to prevent any future conflict from unfolding. 

Their efforts were in vain as a certain someone had other plans.

The Advisor decided to break the silence that established itself after the sudden outburst the Emperor made, leaving everyone shaken. 

They all feared him save for the Advisor who was used to his tantrums. 

The Advisor locked eyes with his Majesty before speaking. 

"What do you think marriage means, your royal highness?" The Advisor asked like he was speaking to a child, irritating the man in gold even further.

The Advisor loved to push his buttons.

 It was always fun seeing the reactions he would get. 

He knew no harm would come to him no matter how angry his lord is. He always liked to see how far he could go before he would experience the wrath of the Dragon King, his childhood friend.

"Marriage is a basic contract made between two individuals out of love or for political reasons." The Advisor was educated.

 He spoke to his audience before the Emperor could make a comment, and spoke to the 12 great officials who all held honor within the kingdom. 

"Isn't that right my fellow comrades?" The Advisor asked with a grin on his face, enjoying every minute of torturing his friend.

. They all nodded their heads in agreement while mumbling curse words under their breaths for being thrown to the wolves by none other than the advisor.