chapter eighteen

Chandler and I sat there for at least three minutes, just staring at each other. Eventually I grabbed a pillow and smacked him upside his head with it.

"Uh, Ok. If you thought that would hurt, you've thought wrong." he giggled and grabbed my face, kissing my gently.

We decided not to unpack my bag just yet, but to just chill for a while and talk.

"So before all this happened, we were always together, right?" I questioned.

"Yes we were, and I wouldn't trade the memories for anything. You're all mine." he kissed my nose and I smiled.

"Do you wanna go walk around?" You could say I got bored.

"Why not."

And so we left, we just walked and talked for a long time.

We finally reached the skating park. I felt a pair of eyes watching me, so I turned slightly. There was a boy, he was taller than me, but he looked my age. His eyes were this beautiful hazel brown color and his hair wasn't long but it wasn't short either.

He had a smirk on his face, but I felt disrespected the way he was looking at me so I just turned around. Pretty soon Chandler noticed. He looked really upset.

"Hey, I'm not even affected by him. No worries. And I love you."

Right as I said that the boy walked up to me, obviously not understanding that Chandler and I were dating.

"Hey, I don't mean to bother you but I couldn't help but notice your oh so very pretty hair." he said with a smirk.

"Thank you, but-" Chandler cut me off.

"Okay, sorry bud, but she is all mine and none of yours. So, hop off." Chandler grabbed my hand and started to walk off.

"Hah, pretty soon she'll be hoppin' off of me." he chuckled.

Chandler rolled his eyes and turned towards him, very angrily.

"Chandler, no please. He is just a typical douchebag."

"No, Ly, don't" Chandler walked right up to the boy and got into his face.

"I'm sorry, do you need something?" he scoffed.

"Actually, I'd like for you to not get in my face like this because we will have a problem."

"Well, I have a problem with you just walking around, disrespecting people like you are."

The boy shoved Chandler on the ground and I walked right up to the boy and next thing I know, my fist just met his face and he stumbled back. Blood dripped from his nose.

I got in his face, "Would you like to say anything, or possible hit me? Because I swear I'll make you a h.ell of a lot sorry than you were before." the boy just simply said "Uh, no. Sorry" as he held his hand up to his face, walking away.

Chandler stood up from the ground, wincing at his hands. They were really scraped up, blood everywhere. He looked at me and rolled his eyes walking away.

"Umhh excuse me? You're upset"

No reply.

"Will you answer me?"

No reply.

"What the h.ell is wrong with you?!" I yelled in his face.

He sighed "Sorry, I just-I just feel that whenever I try to help you, you think I can't. So you do it on your own."

"I'm sorry, I guess. I just saw him push you and I felt like- like I wanted to kill him. I don't like seeing you get hurt, I'm sorry." I walked away. He didn't come for me for a minute or so and then he followed.

"Ly wait. I'm sorry, I didn't know you felt that way." He whispered.

I kind of felt offended "What do you mean you didn't know I felt that way? I love you more than anything and you didn't know I felt that way towards you?" I felt tears coming.

He sighed and fixed his hair, he does this really cute thing where he runs his finger across his forehead and swifts his hair to the side.

"You know that's not what I meant. It came out wrong. I meant that I didn't know you would knock a guy in the face just to help me, and risk getting hurt yourself."

"I love you and I would you anything to keep you safe." I started to cry.

He walked up to me and held my face, wiping my tears. "Stop crying, please. I hate to see you cry."

He took my by the hand and sat my on the bench at the park.

"Okay, so you know how I think you're the most amazing singer I've ever heard?" He laughed.

"Okay?" I giggled.

He pulled out a piece of paper and began to read it,

"Dear Lylah Fraser,

We are honored to offer you a place at our school, to help you peruse your dream of becoming a singer. We truly believe that the GCPS, Gwinnett County Public Schools, is the right fit for you and can help you achieve your dream. We are glad you will be attending our fine arts school. Please contact as soon as you can, so we are informed that you will be attending this school year. We will help you set up your schedule and get you settled in."

Chandler sat there, looked up at me and smiled. "I may have snuck a video of you singing and sent it to them.."

I sat there. I was shocked. I couldn't believe what I just heard.

"I-I uh, is this real? This isn't funny, stop joking Chandler."

"I'm not joking, your dad knows I sent in the video and you deserve to go to this school."

I smiled that eventually my cheeks hurt, I hugged him and he looked.. different. Not sad, or happy, or mad, but concerned.

"What's wrong?"

"Oh, nothing. Let's go home." He didn't talk the whole way home and he kept his hands in his pocket the whole time.

He wasn't affectionate towards me at all. It's like we were just friends.

When we got home, he didn't kiss me goodbye. He just hugged me. He has never done that before.

——————————————————————-

oh my gosh, hey!

I haven't updated in forever because I got soo busy, but i'll started writing again..

BECAUSE IT'S SUMMER AND I HAVE NO LIFE, YAY! and I like making my people happy(:

almost 500 reads! my golly, I love you all!

please share my stories, like, vote, and follow!

-nina

Improbable »» Chandler Riggsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें