chapter fourteen

I woke up to the smell of pizza and Mingus beside me laughing. I turn over to see him playing a video game and eating pizza.

"Really? Pizza? For breakfast?" as I grabbed a piece.

"Goodmirning. Oh and it may be your breakfast, but it's my lunch. You slept in, it's 1 in the afternoon." he said with a grin.

I sat up and looked at him. We had a staring contest for about two minutes until he laughed, looked away at his video game and yelled "Hey! That's totally jot fair! I just died!"

"Sucks to be you, hun." I sighed and laid down and remembered everything.

how was I so stupid to believe that he, Chandler Riggs, ever love me?

I feel a flop next to me and Mingus lifts me up and carries my bridal style

"You need to get out of the house. C'mon" he giggled.

"No, Ming please. I want to stay in here. I'm tired and I don't want to do anything today." I whined.

Next thing I know, it's three weeks later and I still feel this way. I don't want to leave my room, I want to be alone, sulking under my blankets. Chandler comes over everyday to try and see me. He always sits behind my door, asking me to come out. I don't reply and he ends up leaving after about an hour.

Dad walks in, "Ly, I need to to do me a favor. " he questions

"Oh god. What dad." I roll my eyes

"I need you to go to the doctors and a therapist. You seem down all the time and you haven't come out of your room for weeks. You are always alone and this isn't like you. We have an appointmed at 3pm today. We are leaving in two hours, that's plenty of time to get ready."

"No! I'm not going! I'm fine dad." I'm getting angry.

"Yes you are. It's not an option Lylah." he says strictly.

I sigh and get out of bed. I run to take a shower, after that I throw on my black leggings and uggs with my sweatshirt and my hair in a messy bun. I don't have the energy to get ready.

As we are in the car, I put in my earbuds and blast my music, tuning out the world. I close my eyes and wander off into my little imagination.

I feel the car stop, we are here. I'm basically being forced to be here, I mean, this isn't even fair, right?

As we are sitting in the therapy room, the therapist's name is Kelly. She kept asking me really specific, and personal questions, I only ever answered with a "yes" or "no" I wasn't in the mood, I haven't been. She also gave me a physical, not sure what for. I never really paid attention to what she was doing.

She left the room and I didn't say a word. The room was silent. It felt awkward only because dad was in there.

She walks in after about 15 minutes, with a look on her face.

"What?" dad is concerned. I can tell.

And this is when I hear the dreaded, unwanted sentence.

"Lylah is diagnosed with depression. We don't know how serious right now, it could get worse over time."

Dad sulks into his chair, not having any expression on his face whatsoever. She gave me pills and told me what I was expexted to do. What dad and Mingus kept telling me.

don't be alone for too long if your having suicidal thoughts,
always tell your father if you're having suicidal thoughts,
get out more,
find a hobby,
get more sleep,
make sure you're eating right.