chapter thirteen

Once we got home, it was 7pm. Chandler and I sat on the couch and watched tv. Mingus was on the one person chair. He looked lonely.

"Hey, why don't you invite Maddie over?" I questioned.

"She said she would come over in a little bit. She went to volleyball practice."

We sat in silence until Chandler's phone started ringing. He pulled out his phone and I saw the name of the ID and I nearly choked on my water.

The contact name was "hana" with a ton of heart emojis. I didn't say anything. I was too shocked.

"Uh, I have to take this. Sorry."

I heard hisresponeses to whatever she was saying in the other room.

"Yeah, me too. I can't. Because i'm busy. Okay. Yeah. I know. I'll call you later. Okay. You too." he walked into the room and kissed me before he sat back down.

It took me everything to not push him away. I knew he was hiding something.

"Uh, can I talk to you please, in private?" I whispered.

I grabbed his hand and yanked him upstairs to my room.

He giggled.

"Why are you laughing? I saw your f.ucking phone. I'm not stupid." I turned around, trying not to cry.

"What are you talking about" he whined

"You know what i'm talking about. I know you have a thing with Hana. I saw her contact in your phone."

"Listen, I know this looks really bad. I was questioning whether she meant something to me anymore. But I know now. I know she isn't for me. I love you Lylah."

"You liar! If you love her so much, then- then go with her. Leave.  Now." I said running, crying. I ran into my room, I slammed and locked the door right before he reached my door, chasing me.

I laid in bed. Sobbing for about an hour. Nonstop.

------Chandler's p.o.v.-------

I knew this would happen. How did I let it get this far?

I chased her up the stairs, but she slammed the door in my face before I got to her.

I stayed at her house for about an hour, chewing in my nails impatiently before leaving.

I never wanted this to happen.

------------a week later--------------

-------Laylah's p.o.v.--------

I haven't left my room. I have no need to. Mingus keeps coming by to leave me food. I take it but I always throw it away. I've lost my appetite for everything.

Since Mingus hadn't left me alone the first time I wanted to be alone, I placed a chair in front of my door so no one could get in.

They both respected that. I guess this time hit me hard enough for them to know to just let me be. I slept for most of the time, I put a blanket over my window, blocking out the sunlight. It was the only way I got sleep.

My phone had been off this whole week, so i decided to check it. As soon as I turned it on I got just about a thousand notifications from Chandler.

"please call me."

"answer me Ly.."

"come on just answer. I'll tell you everything!"

He saw that I read the messages and sent a couple more. I just ignored him. It make me sick to know that he would even text me ever again.

Whatever. I have no reason to reply. So I didn't, I just slept.

I got woken up by a knock on my door. I opened it to find a note and a gift basket. It consisted of chocolate, candy, movies, popcorn, a journal, and a pen.

the note said,

Hey. It's Ming.

I know what you are going through must be hard. I couldn't imagine. I just want you to know that I love you. Whatever it is, I'm here. Whenever you are ready, call me up and I'll watch the movies with you and explain the notebook. I love you. I hope you feel better Ly.

xoxo,

Mingus

p.s. I have no idea what xoxo means, I just see girls write it all the time.

I giggled, for the first time in a week.

I hinestly didn't want to be alone anymore. I grabbed my phone and texted him to come into my room, and so he did.

"Hey there." he whispered.

I ran up to him and gave him the biggest hug.

"Where is Maddie?"

"She uh, she got busy." lies.

I almost started crying and he noticed, he started to shush me.

"please don't leave me. please." I cried.

"shh, I won't. I won't" he whispered into my hair.

We sat in the bed. He grabbed the journal and explained what it was for

"This. I want you to write down everything. I know it sounds cliche, really cliche. But It will help. Okay?" I nodded

He looked at my trashcan, he saw all of the food he left for me.

"If that is the food that I left you, that means that you haven't eaten in a week. Are you crazy? We are going to eat right now Lylah." He dragged me downstairs and poured the biggest bowl of cereal.

"I can't finish this, but i'll eat as much as I can, I promise."

After I finished about half the bowl , he at the other half. We went upstairs, the both if us.

He climbed into my bed and pulled back the covers, I climbed in after him and he wrapped his arm around me and kissed my forehead.

"Which movie first?" They were all chick flicks.

he really loves me.

After we finished all three movies, he was asleep. His arm was still around me and I was really sleepy too. I turned towards him and buried my face into his chest. He held me tighter, while whispering in his surprisingly sleepy raspy voice,

"Go to sleep, I love you." I felt so.. at home.

-----------------------------------------
heyy

wowowow this is a really short chapter.

I got really busy and wanted to write another chapter, so here.

it is currently 12:26am.

leave comments, vote, and follow please!

-nina