chapter sixteen

-------Chandler's p.o.v-------

When I first saw Lylah in the hospital, it was so painful to see her like she was. Not knowing who any of us were. It was really scary for me to know that when I walked into her room, that she had no clue to who I was.

She texted me and asked me to come over. I honestly missed hanging out for her for the longest time. I can't believe that even as a stranger she still forgave me. What I did was unacceptable. And I realize that now.

I decided to bring her ice cream, so I stopped at the ice cream shop before I went to the hospital. I got our usual, a medium sherbet with two spoons.

Once I got there I walked into her room and she was watching a movie.

"Heyaa, watcha got there?" She giggled. Ever since her accident, she is a totally new person. Maybe it's for the good, maybe her depression has subsided and she will turn out to be a more happy and upbeat person, before she ran away.

"Ice cream! We used to always get this and share it. It's your favorite." I gave her a wink and she smiled back.

"Ohh! Yummy, thanks!" she grabbed a spoon and took a bite. "This is delicious, what ice cream shop do we usually go to?"

"Just the ine right down the street. We'll have to go when you get out if this jail." I laughed a bit.

We sat for a while and ate our ice cream and watched netflix.

-----Lylah's p.o.v-----

It was so nice to be able to learn more about Chandler. He was special to me. Even when I turned into this wreck, even after I lost my most recent memories. He still wants to be with me. I mean, i'm shocked, but it's worth a shot.

We laid there and watched movies for hours. He occasionally strokes my hair, or kissed my cheek, or rubbed my back.

I hope this is what we did before everything happened. He started to doze off, I couldn't help but ask.

"Hey, were we like this, you know. Before the fight?" I winced in pain, as I sat up to look at him. He sat up next to me.

"Oh, Lylah. Of course. Before our fight, we were inseparable. We have sleepovers twice a month, usually. We order pizza and stay up all night. Watching movies. It was the best."

"What do you mean was? We cans till do the same things we used to do. I'm the same person. I'll still enjoy the things we used to do. I want to get to know you. You seem amazingly sweet and are willing to stay with me, even when I seemed like a b.itch. I know this sounds crazy, and I know right know you are basically a total stranger but lastnight I went through my phone. I looked at our old messages and saw all of the articles that wrre written about us. The ones that the news wrote? I was stunned. We were so happy. I don't want to live without you. I want to be like we used to. I love you." I tried not to cry, but a single tear dripped down my face.

"I love you more. Don't cry. I'm here now, and I will be for a long time. I remember how we used to be. We will be like we were before. I promise you Lylah." he wiped my tear and kissed me, quite passionately.

The nurse came, "Lylah? You can be released to go home tomorrow morning. As long as you are healthy by the time tomorrow rolls around. You will need physical and mental therapy classes. We will inform your dad once he gets here."

Dad peeked his head inside the door "Knock knock!"

He, Mingus, and Maddie stepped in. Mingus was holding a huge teddy bear, about the size of him, Maddie was holding a stack of movies, and dad was holding a balloon.