Chapter 12

It's the day before Wednesday. A day before I work my first day with Theo as his submissive.

I'm still a little unsure what that is going to mean.

I wake up and stretch, feed my cat, make breakfast for Autumn and I, and then I decide to go for a walk at a local park after Autumn leaves for work.

In Florida you don't take a stroll in the middle of the day during the summer, so I know I've got a small window to soak in some nature. I wear a baseball cap to protect my face from the sun, but the heat and humidity have already picked up by the time I reach the park. I get out of my car with a water bottle in hand. The sky is sunny, but with storm clouds building on the horizon. Typical tropical summer.

I text Andrew that I have work taking me away from the club.

"My doors are always open if you ever want to come back, you are definitely breaking some hearts," Andrew text me back. "Good luck, Evie!"

Regal park is quite familiar to me. It is just south of the luxury apartments Mac had set me up in during our relationship. I won't let bad memories with Mac keep me from going here, however, as there's a big oak tree I always walk by. There's something about it. It's been here longer than the area has been settled by non-natives, and it is living relic of another time. I appreciate the inspiration and beauty of its resilience.

As I make my pilgrimage I get a text from Theo. "What are you up to?"

"Hanging out with a tree," I text him back. "I got your package."

"A tree?" Theo texts back.

"Yeah, my oak tree," I text him. "It's at Regal Park, it's ancient. I like coming here, walking the park, and hanging out with it."

"You like nature then?" Theo texts me.

"Yeah, it's why I went down by the beach when I was at the Sandpiper," I text.

"Did you like what I sent?" Theo asks.

"I mean, it's a bit cliche," I text.

"What makes it cliche?" Theo asks.

"There was a pair of clear lens glasses and a very high quality blonde wig," I text back with a laughing face emoji. "Are you trying to disguise me or do you just have a kink for blonde teachers?"

"I won't make a secret of it, you did have a high profile relationship, the press might recognize you," Theo states. Then the texting bubble appears again and he adds. "I may have a little bit of an appreciation for blonde teachers."

"So what was her name?" I text boldly.

"She was my high school teacher, Mrs. Hartley," Theo texts back. "She was blonde and wore glasses actually. But I swear that I didn't purposefully choose that. Carl actually picked out the disguise for you."

"Sure he did, " I text with a sticking-out-tongue face emoji. "I'll be sure to bring my algebra books."

"That's not sexy," Theo texts back.

"I get really serious about role play," I text. "Let me guess, you want a chance to tell Mrs. Hartley what to do?"

"You're giving me ideas, Evie, you'd better watch out," he texts back with a devil face emoji.

I squirm a little and giggle at the thought. I lean against the tree and take a selfie. I send it to Theo.

"I like it," Theo responds about five minutes later simply. "I have to go. See you tomorrow morning. Shower. Use the perfume I bought you. Wear your disguise."

"Yes, Mr. Thatcher, and thank you again for the gifts," I reply. Normally when people respond the way Theo was like that, I know they are distracted by something on the other end of the phone.

I wonder what.

I appreciated the perfume. He'd also sent me an expensive custom BDSM inspired lingerie set, and a $1000 gift card to a spa and salon that I'm planning to use later today.

I hear a giggle and my attention is stolen. I recognized that giggle!

What is Tabby doing here?

I peek around the thick trunk of my oak tree to see her walking with a gentleman. A gentleman who isn't Theo.

"What are we doing here?" The gentleman asks.

"This is a no-name park, Brad," Tabby says with a roll of her eyes. "Hence why I picked it."

"I wish I could have you all to myself all the time," the gentleman, who I now know as Brad, says. "You're too hot."

"You're too sweet," Tabby says and my eyes widen as I watch her kiss Brad right on the lips.

What is going on? Does Theo know about this?

I find myself holding my breath and I tug down the bill of my cap and take out my sunglasses. What if Tabby discovers me here watching her? The blood drains from my face at the thought.

I decide to text Theo. It can't hurt. "Hey, is Tabby with you? Tell her I say, hi!" Super cheesy and lame. Not at all in character with the submissive I'm supposed to play, but I'm just too curious.

"We did the audition, for Theo's 'submissive'," Tabby tells this Brad. She puts the word "submissive" in air quotes and rolls her eyes with a sardonic laugh.

"Yeah?" Brad asks.

"He liked this stripper we met at a club, with piercings and box dyed orange hair," Tabby says, making a gag-me expression at Brad who laughs.

"A stripper, huh?" Brad asks. "Is she a good dancer then?"

"Yeah, but not a threat, she seems like a bit of a weirdo, that's why I chose her," Tabby says.

Bitch, please! I'm a hot weirdo I'll have you know. There's a difference.

I get a text from Theo. "Tabby's at a hair appointment, but I'll tell her."

Hair appointment indeed.

It could be Theo does know and is embarrassed about being made a cuckold by his girlfriend so he doesn't tell me.

I've seen some things in my line of work, and it's none of my business what these people are doing. I'm only around them for a job.

"That freak will be just enough to keep Theo off of my case for now," Tabby says with a laugh. "Just like the last one was."

"You should leave him and be with me," Brad says, grabbing Tabby lightly around the waist and pulling her to him to kiss her neck.

"Never, darling, Theo means too much to me, besides, what can you give me that Theo can't already give me in spades?" Tabby asks callously, kissing Brad back.

Apparently not a heart.