Chapter 11: Dreams

Author's Notes

I am so sorry for basically a month without publishing, I just do not have the motivation and I just got caught up in school so much that I just don't have time to write. Only another 1k word chapter, hoping to extend it if possible.

End of Author's Notes

Kazuha is still thinking about that meeting with his past self in Avidya Forest every night, hoping that maybe tonight, he will meet his past self again.

"Wake up Maple Boy! Or else I am going to eat your share of dinner!" Kiana called out from the other side of the door.

"I'm awake." Kazuha answered back.

"Then hurry up!" Kiana pouted, running down the hall after.

After dinner, Kazuha went back to his room, checking the time to see 8:34pm, he still has time to hopefully meditate in silence, which seems to be impossible these days.

"I challenge you to a duel Bratnya!" Kiana declared.

"Kiana chan, you still need to do your homework." Mei jumped in.

"I will do it later Mei senpai!" Kiana cried, he can imagine her begging on her knees right now, because she has actually done that before.

Flashback

"I challenge you Maple Boy!" Kiana announced.

"Kiana chan! You need to do your homework!" Mei called from the kitchen.

"But Mei senpai... I still have time!" Kiana begged.

"Please do your homework or no dinner for you." Mei threatened.

"Whaaa! Please Mei senpai!" Kiana ran in front of the kitchen where Mei was and went on her two knees.

"Kiana chan, I don't want to do this, but you need to do your homework..." Mei apologized.

"Fine..." Kiana whined, slowly walking down the hall to the inevitable, which was her homework.

Flashback End

"...et me help you then..." Mei requested.

"Yay!" Kiana cheered, running down the hall to her room which is sadly next to his.

After two hours of Kiana being dumb, she finally finished her homework. Kazuha can finally sleep peacefully.

Laying down in bed, he hugged the white cat plushy Tomo give him when they were a child. Words can not describe how happy he was when he found the plushy washed up on the shore of Japan.

After some time, sleep finally wished over him as he drifts off into sleep.

Opening his eyes, he found himself in the same maple clearing where he last saw his past self.

"Hello?" Kazuha called out, hoping to meet his past self again.

Clang!

"Good reaction." KAZUHA muttered, jumping away from Kazuha, who was in a state of shock, but recovered a second later.

"May I ask why have you tried to ambush me?" Kazuha asked.

"It is to test your strength and smarts." KAZUHA replied, eyes narrowing for an attack.

"I see, well then, I shall entertain you shouldn't I?" Kazuha commented, getting into stance.

"Very well, I will allow you to deal the first attack." KAZUHA declared.

Kazuha took this as his opportunity to attack, while KAZUHA was about to finish his sentence, he sent a wind clone to attack the other from the front, planning to attack him from behind while he was distracted.

But KAZUHA sidestepped, causing Kazuha to hit his clone instead.

"Good strategy, it is enough to eliminate someone if they do not know your ways." KAZUHA commented.

"I expect you to fight like I, one hopes for a battle I shall not forget." Kazuha replied.

"Perhaps, but one such as yourself still have plenty of room to grow, like a sakura tree, you shall bloom when the time is right." KAZUHA told him, blocking a hit with his blade.

Kazuha didn't reply to the message. He created multiple clones just like when he fought Kiana, hoping to overwhelm his past self.

KAZUHA sighed, closing his eyes, he took stance.

"Fallen leaves, adore my night!" KAZUHA cried out, slashing the air and creating a field of wind, getting rid of all the clones in the process.

"Into the wind!" KAZUHA leaped into the air using the power of wind, dodging Kazuha who was about to hit him, doing an UNO reverse on the less experienced one.

Landing on the ground after KAZUHA launched into the air, Kazuha stood still, maple leaves on the ground started to swirl around him.

KAZUHA landed on the ground, looking at his younger self charging up.

"With sword comes shadow!" Kazuha called out, pulling out his blade before disappearing into several quick slashes, each ending in a shadow of himself with how quick he was.

KAZUHA blocked all of them, not expecting his reincarnation to already grasp Keqing's technique. While distracted, KAZUHA didn't realize that there is still a final attack after everything.

"Ack!" KAZUHA cried out, seeing Kazuha beaming with victory.

"Thank you for the battle." Kazuha bowed.

"The feeling is mutual." KAZUHA replied, also bowing in respect. "If I may ask, how have you managed to use that attack."

"It just... came to me, seems haikus are not the only things that I can do without a lot of thinking." Kazuha joked.

"It is the technique of an old friend." KAZUHA sighed.

"May I ask who it is?" Kazuha questioned.

"It is a story for another time, right now, I'm sure you have many questions, I will try my best to answer them." KAZUHA switched topic.

"What is the condition for meeting you again?" Kazuha asked the question he had ever since their first encounter.

"There is no condition, it all depends on whether I wish to meet you or not. Before you ask, I had to go into sleep after putting most of my energy into speeding up your recovery." KAZUHA explained.

Kazuha nodded, thinking about what other questions to ask, but his mind felt blank. All the questions he had was on the tip of his tongue, but he can't say it.

"It's fine if you can't remember what questions you may have, I can always answer them later." KAZUHA reassured, like he just read his mind, he probably did read his mind now that Kazuha thinks about it.

"Daybreak is arriving, you will have to depart for the night, you shall meet me again in the darkness of the night. Remember, you have yet to bloom as a flower in Winter, only during Spring may you truly bloom." KAZUHA reminded, the world fading around them as he speak.

Kazuha opened his eyes to his sky blue ceiling. He looked outside the window to the sunrise. Realizing that he still has school today, he quickly got up and washed himself up.

"Maple Boy! Get up or I will take your breakfast!" Kiana angrily knocked on the door.

"No need." Kazuhiro calmly answered back. Mind still focused on that message KAZUHA gave him before waking up.

"Remember, you you have yet to bloom as a flower in Winter, only during Spring may you truly bloom." Kazuha repeated the sentence over and over in his head, wondering if there is any hidden meaning in it, or he is just overthinking about it.

"Worry about it later, Kiana will take my breakfast." Kazuha muttered to himself, walking down the hall to the kitchen.