Chapter 3: Squad

Author's Notes

I was absolutely screaming in my head when I reached the 100 read milestone I set for myself, thank you for reading this fic.

End of Author's Notes

All the stares he is getting will break his calm outer shell soon.

Until the weekend finally arrived, he couldn't feel more glad. Finally out of the class, finally out of school, finally without the stares. Now he will be able to repair his calm outer shell and even enforce it for that matter.

Then Aunt Theresa called him.

"Thank you for coming Kazuha." Theresa greeted him.

What confused Kazuha is that Fu Hua, Kiana, Mei, and Bronya is here with him as well in the principal's office.

"You must be wondering why you are here!" Theresa enthusiastically said.

"Indeed, may you describe the situation?" Kazuha asked.

"Of course. You see, every single valkyrie in train here have a squad." Theresa started.

Kazuha already guessed what she is going to tell him.

"So, I believe that Himeko's squad is best for you, all the other squads are full anyways." Theresa explained.

"So I believe that these four are my new squad mates?" Kazuha predicted.

"Yes! To make you get more comfortable with your new squad, I will be sending you five on a mission to a rainforest called Avidya Forest, you will be having a guide that will teach you how to survive in the rainforest, your objective is to clear out groups of knight class monsters that has been appearing in the forest." Theresa finished off.

( All Genshin players will know where that is. Some may already guess who the guide is! )

"When are we leaving principal Theresa?" Fu Hua asked.

"Tomorrow!" Theresa announced while Kiana fell on her knees.

"Whyyyy!!!" The voice slowly fading out as Kiana gradually became more tired.

"Come on Kiana-chan, we need to get ready." Mei gently got Kiana back to her feet.

"You all are dismissed!" Theresa ended the meeting.

All of them left except for Kazuha.

"Hmm? Is there anything you want to say?" Theresa questioned.

"Aunt Theresa, I have adventured into the Avidya Forest before." Kazuha started off.

"Really?" Theresa sound surprised.

"I have wandered around the world when my clan was destroyed, by coincidence, I have also landed in Avidya Forest where I made a good friend." Kazuha explained.

"Then it would be good if you found that friend when you and the others arrived." Theresa thought out loud.

"Indeed."

"So that's all?" Theresa asked.

"That is all." Kazuha replied.

"You may leave." Theresa told him before whispering, "I still need to finish that HOMU manga." which Kazuha can hear.

"I will leave you be." Kazuha said before immediately leaving.

"Hey! What do you mean!" Theresa yelled after him embarrassed that he heard her.