Chapter 10: Springfest

Author's Notes

This is basically the special Cooking With Valkyries episode except that Kazuha is also in here, and it isn't a bubble universe where everyone isn't depressed. I was too busy to work on this chapter on Tuesday so I had to post this today ( Wednesday ), sorry about that. ( Why do I have to have two tests in the week returning to school )

End of Author's Notes

It is New Year's eve, Himeko is out, the squad wanted to surprise her with one of those Arc City hotpot.

Kiana wanted to surprise Himeko the most, so she dragged everyone along with her to the supermarket, she is basically hopping towards the shop, with everyone else trailing behind her.

"Hurry up! Aunt Himeko might be back before we get back!" Kiana hurried, gathering attention to herself.

"Ms. Himeko won't return until around 10:30, it will be a two hour drive for her too." Kazuha pointed out, it is currently 3 in the afternoon.

"You have to be prepared for everything! What if she suddenly decided to come back early to surprise us!" Kiana fought back.

"That is why Aunt Theresa stayed behind in the dorm, so that she can inform us if Ms. Himeko arrives at an unexpected time." Kazuha replied.

"Why do you have to be right!" Kiana pouted.

"Because I am not swept away by my emotions." Kazuha calmly stated.

"Stop fighting you two, we need to get the hotpot before everyone takes it." Mei jumped in.

"He started it!" Kiana whined.

"Kiana idiotka, subject Kiana has gained too many attention for the squad." Bronya commented, tightly hugging the HOMU plush she decided to bring.

"We don't care who started the fight, we just want you to quiet down." Fu Hua told Kiana.

"Everyone is turning against me!" Kiana declared before running ahead of the group.

"Perhaps it is because of your childish behaviors, you know fully well that you are throwing a temper tantrum everywhere you go." Kazuha said, ignoring the glare he received from Kiana.

"Come on Kiana chan, you can worry about that later, we need to get the hotpot before it runs out." Mei managed to cool down Kiana a bit, but she is everything but calm.

"Fine, if Mei senpai says so." Kiana muttered.

They made their way to the store, the group found their way to the hotpot section, most of it is empty since people are buying hotpot for New Years, they didn't pay attention to it as they only have a single objective in mind, find the Arc City special hotpot.

"Over there!" Kazuha pointed at the emptiest area of the section, where one singular hotpot packaging sat.

Kiana ran over to the packaging, snatched it and quickly ran back to the group as a person was approaching it.

"Hotpot acquired." Kiana announced, holding up the packaging like a prize.

"Hey! I had my eyes set on it first!" A Karen called out to Kiana.

"But I got it first." Kiana fought back.

"Do you know your manners young lady!" The Karen yelled.

"Wait! We don't want to fight with you, we really wish to have this hotpot so can you settle with another one? Please, I don't wish for this to go on." Mei jumped in, literally, she went in front of Kiana to stop her from fighting with the woman.